2006 XT125x

blueh2steve
This post is 4831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to you all,

Great looking forum, please do not ban me but i am a Kawasaki (sorry about swearing) man at heart but have just got my son a XT125x for his 17th birthday, it starts and seems to run ok but the seller told me that when it warms up it starts to smoke alot, i do not want to cause any damage by running it so what could it be and what should i be looking for.

It has 8ooo miles on the clock.

If it helps my 1st big bike was a RD250c in 1976 from Granby motors, (i wonder if that is still out there, RAU 65R)then a RD400c which i had beckett tuned by a local hero Terry Beckett.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Steve, i'm surprised you (being a smoker fan) didnt get 'junior' a DT125 or DT125x.

Those ones are supposed to smoke :D

I would check the oil level and then be wanting to witness this smoke for myself. I suppose you bought it privately as seen?

'blackhat250' will be along shortly all excited about the smell of a kwacker stroker :P

Welcome Steve, i'm surprised you (being a smoker fan) didnt get 'junior' a DT125 or DT125x.

Those ones are supposed to smoke :D

I would check the oil level and then be wanting to witness this smoke for myself. I suppose you bought it privately as seen?

'blackhat250' will be along shortly all excited about the smell of a kwacker stroker :P

seller said that he had done an oil change in case there was too much oil in but it changed nothing

Hi Steve,

I would first go for, clogged breather/hose for White smoke , according to the manual , worn - rings / valve seals / valve guides / cylinder worn or cracked or scored / head gasket broken between oil return & cylinder .

Black smoke.. Air filter clogged / main jet too large or loose / choke stuck / fuel level too high in float chamber / float needle valve held off needle seat .

Brown smoke.. main jet too small or clogged / fuel flow insufficient / fuel inlet needle valve stuck / carb inlet duct loose / air filter not sealed .

Good luck with it :)

Hi Steve,

I would first go for, clogged breather/hose for White smoke , according to the manual , worn - rings / valve seals / valve guides / cylinder worn or cracked or scored / head gasket broken between oil return & cylinder .

Black smoke.. Air filter clogged / main jet too large or loose / choke stuck / fuel level too high in float chamber / float needle valve held off needle seat .

Brown smoke.. main jet too small or clogged / fuel flow insufficient / fuel inlet needle valve stuck / carb inlet duct loose / air filter not sealed .

Good luck with it :)

thanks for the info, hopefully have a look next week

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online