Going to London!

BVD
This post is 4866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys, First off I just wanted to thank Drewpy...I haven't been on here in awhile, but I received my patch last month and it looks amazing! Secondly, I'll be in London and Paris on a family holiday trip leaving on Christmas. Do any of you lads over the pond know of any interesting motorcycling/automotive types of places and things that I might be able to visit/see while I am there? Thanks guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Guys, First off I just wanted to thank Drewpy...I haven't been on here in awhile, but I received my patch last month and it looks amazing! Secondly, I'll be in London and Paris on a family holiday trip leaving on Christmas. Do any of you lads over the pond know of any interesting motorcycling/automotive types of places and things that I might be able to visit/see while I am there? Thanks guys.

Emmmm what dates are ya in London?

I'm sure a visit up to the Ace Cafe would be nice if ye had a bike with ya, but probably not worth it if ye dont.

Whereabouts in London are you staying? I don't want to send ya somewhere if it's on the other side of London, it's a bummer to get across.

Chris

Well BVD" Weather is crap here at the moment, but there" some museum"s [ motor related,] and Ace caffe, if your lucky thers petrolheads gather there , plenty memorabilia for sale too

Cristofesser " hes a Londoner , any pointers cris "

edtit " ----------- beaten to it ,,, B)

Cristofesser " hes a Londoner , any pointers cris "

edtit " ----------- beaten to it ,,, B)

Like I said, Ace Cafe is good on a Friday or Saturday night, hundreds of bikes down there on a Saturday easily. Don't go on a Monday, that's BMW night, and you have all the local yobbos in their 3 series' with subwoofers setting off all the bike alarms!

However on a saturday, you've got all the bikes parked up, and a load of yobbos stunting up and down the road outside.

It's found HERE

There's the London Motorcycle Museum in Greenford, and if ya fancy a drive in the sticks there's always places SUCH AS Brooklands race track out Woking way. Apart from that I don't know many places.

Like I said, give us more info? Are ya in a car/bike? How long are you here for?

Chris

Buckingham Palace-the Queens big hoose, the Palace of Westminster filled with parasites and more parasites -Big Ben keeps time here, Trafalgar square big open place good for protests, rallies and holiday snaps ;) ,

in reality its a fantastic place, oozing with history and tradition, you won't be disappointed :)

On that note exactly!

Make sure, please, that you don't get caught up in any student protests. Really, over here the police do something called "Kettling".

Pretty much, they will target a hotspot of protesters, and create a big square of policemen around them. This is called the "kettle", where you aren't allowed in or out for like 8 hours. They don't care if you're a protester or an innocent family, they'll kettle ya and keep you there for AGES!

Like Jammer just said, Buckingham Palace is nice, take a tour of the river on a river boat (leave from Embankment) if ya fancy it. Good way to see the city.

I really, REALLY hope your not flying into Heathrow, as soon as a snowflake touches the ground they close the fekker down.

Hope you enjoy the stay in my fair city :)

Chris

Thanks for all the input guys, I can't wait! Unfortunately, I won't have my bike with me, but I believe my grandmother is hiring a car...yea I was thinking about the Ace Cafe but have to figure out how far it is from my hotel. I think we're staying at the Intercontinental...the Motorcycle Museum looks great as well...on the hotel website it says its located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge. We'll be in paris from the 26th to the 29th, and then will take the chunnel to London and be there midday 29th to 31st. And I will try to avoid being "kettled" at all costs! That must suck standing there for hours upon hours! What if you've got to take a leak?!?!

Buckingham Palace-the Queens big hoose, the Palace of Westminster filled with parasites and more parasites -Big Ben keeps time here, Trafalgar square big open place good for protests, rallies and holiday snaps ;) ,

hahaha =)

I enjoyed Greenwhich which is down the river, and its now free to get in the museum of the GMT.

for non motorcycle stuff, the Victoria and Albert, the Science and the Natural History museums are all exceptional visits.

for non motorcycle stuff, the Victoria and Albert, the Science and the Natural History museums are all exceptional visits.

+1

There is ice skating at the science museum at the moment - went the other week!