Waxy crap

gaz
This post is 7103 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me mate has just bought KTM 640 LC and he had it covered in this gold coloured waxy crap that evidently protects it through the winter, any of you lot know what it is an where i can get some, cos the shop he got the bike at, M&S up westgate road in Newcastle, would'nt tell him what it is.

Lasts all winter then wash it off with a warm power washer in the spring. :?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like waxoil, does it stink like linseed oil and tar ?

Sets like a paste ?

Waste of time, Classic Car did a test years back on it's ability to protect and preserve - unless the conditions were perfect - dry and warm, it was pointless...

Dry and warm storage conditions kinda circumnavigate the need :roll:

Sounds like Waxoil to me. Halfords sell it. I use GP Products' "Ride and Protect." J&S sell it. It is a wax that you spray on and it sets hard and lasts through washes and everything. Also ACF 50 is good - this is like a super WD40. It doesn't wash off and you can spray it over all the electrics and the engine. They use it in the Aircraft and Marine World,

Thanks fer the advice. If Waxoil is rubbiish I'll go an get mesel some of that acf 50, I take it that it is in an aerosol form. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online