Attention iPhone/iPod users

ChristianSRA
This post is 4853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If like myself you view the forums on a "i" device then you will know most forums aren't native to iPhone unlike the YOC so I'm sure many of you would want to avoid using the IPboard app (advertised on the YOC) so what may help you is to create your own "app" so first what you should do is:

1.open safari

2.load YOC (if you just type in yamahaclub into the navigation bar it will add in the www. And the .com for you)

3.in the bottom navigation bar there will be 5 icons tap the middle and a menu should appear then click add to homescreen.

4.now to check the if the link works just tap the icon and presto your away :)

If your unaware this also saves Internet usage since it downloads the homepage (so a minimal amount of usage saved but there's still some saved)

:) hope this helped

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, this might be useful, I'm just debating the pod-phone..... not realy interested in the phone, but against £200 for the pod it looks a better deal.

Anyway, does this work for any site, at least in principle ?

Well, this might be useful, I'm just debating the pod-phone..... not realy interested in the phone, but against £200 for the pod it looks a better deal.

If you buy an iPod and later decide you want an iPhone you can actually buy a case which let's you use it as a phone (has a sim card area and so on) the iPod is an iPhone that can't make calls or text (without apps so you can get an iPod and change it to an iPhone.

And yes this works with any website as long as you view it first on an Internet connection :)

Quick tip - ask your service provider about refurbished iPhones if you're considering one. May have had small part replaced at factory but supplied as good as new with exact same warranty & fraction of the price. Got one for me & the wifey - both cheap as chips!

Quick tip - ask your service provider about refurbished iPhones if you're considering one. May have had small part replaced at factory but supplied as good as new with exact same warranty & fraction of the price. Got one for me & the wifey - both cheap as chips!

hmmm, what exacly do you call cheap as chips may i ask.:unsure:

Got both our phones as free upgrades - had been previously quoted stupid money for new iPhones on same tariff

This is very true because the providers drop the price (significantly usually) since people won't buy a refurbished iPhone since they think it might break (truth is their no more likely to break than a brand new one:))

Quick tip - ask your service provider about refurbished iPhones if you're considering one.

Well, with the £200 up-front to pay on a new one, I'm going to employe your tactic and see what happens. If Orange won't play ball I'll see what 3, Vodafone and 02 say

In my experience, phone several times to enquire about tariffs before agreeing a deal. First few calls were dealt with by a call centre operative on another continent who hadn't a clue & quoted stupid prices.

Eventually got a UK employee who was able to talk sensibly & was very helpful.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online