forward controls for xvs 125

Reservoir-dog
This post is 4861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv found a couple of websites that do them but...ur lookin at 3-400 quid!

here is a link to one and they are just around the corner from me! :Dclicky thing

as iv said there is loads of money gone into that bike!

just seen this on fleabay!!!!! av a look!

Edited by Paulwhite

If I'm honest mate, although they're gonna look good, is it worth it?

How long you planning on having the bike for. Are you on L plates? If so, then you should wait until you've got a bigger bike. Paul's right, the only one's I've seen are real expensive, and if you're looking to sell the bike, probably not a worthwhile investment...

Sorry I can't help much and, yet again, I'm offering my less than perfect/more than opinionated, point of veiw :)

Chris

i know this is going to sound a bit wacky but if you buy another drag with forward controls on, you can swap them with the originals you have (as you know that the engine is good on ur bike) then sell the one u bought for the same price u paid for it. :D

if i had the money thats what i would do, cause then effectively you get them for free :D

Paul you're mad.

You must REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want some forward controls.

Plus, if you sold on fleabay you'd lose dosh on the listing fee etc.

lol i dont want any m8 reservoir-dog wants some :P and if you get a good dragstar for say £1000 with forward controls swap them for original controls then you could sell it for £1300 (in the spring) need to clean it and get it sniney!

plus if i wanted some really really bad id have a go at making some :D (yes i am mad! muha ha ha ha ha thats what 3 kids do to u m8 lmao )

If I'm honest mate, although they're gonna look good, is it worth it?

How long you planning on having the bike for. Are you on L plates? If so, then you should wait until you've got a bigger bike. Paul's right, the only one's I've seen are real expensive, and if you're looking to sell the bike, probably not a worthwhile investment...

Sorry I can't help much and, yet again, I'm offering my less than perfect/more than opinionated, point of veiw :)

Chris

Thanks mate.

You got a point there. And I appreciate your opinion.

I plan to keep this bike for a few years. I'm not on L plates and could get a bigger bike if I trade this one but like you, I live in London and and this bike is just ideal. Not to mention that my son will be 16 tomorrow LOL.

i see your point as you could get a new exhaust system or some quality new tiers for the amount you pay for some forward controls, and unless your like me, a little mad and plan on keeping the bike for a long...long...time then its not really worth it. B)

but .............they do look good :lol:

here is an idea.....get a bracket made to move the pegs and controls forward by about an inch, only problems ur going to have is ur gonna need a bigger rod to the gear lever, and possibly will need to re-locate the brake switch... could be an idea. and would work out about £300 cheaper! ......hmmm i might try that when the weather gets better.

I've got a bigger rod. YUK.

anyway IF you live in London, fancy coming to the Bike Parking Protest tomorrow??? :) I'd agree with paul on this one, I'd get a nice set of 'zorsts for the girl. People will notice them much more than the controls - both in appearance and sound. If you just dont like the stock footpegs, try these http://www.customwizard.com/product_desc.php?id=1127 as a much cheaper alternative.

Chris

Please mate no need to put 3 ??? on a question I can read the first one.

Its not a question of footpegs its a question of riding position and although I'm only 5'9 I fancy forward controls.

Thats all.

My thread was a straight forward question for a possible straight forward answer.

Just asked for a possible link

Regarding your invitation for the protest tomorrow. Sorry mate I can't make it.

I've got a bigger rod. YUK.

anyway IF you live in London, fancy coming to the Bike Parking Protest tomorrow??? :) I'd agree with paul on this one, I'd get a nice set of 'zorsts for the girl. People will notice them much more than the controls - both in appearance and sound. If you just dont like the stock footpegs, try these http://www.customwizard.com/product_desc.php?id=1127 as a much cheaper alternative.

Chris

I don't see the number of question marks being used as a point worth picking up on in a conversation where people are trying to help you out. Kind of annoyed me when I read that.

Also, yes, it was a straight forward question - but I think we've given you an adequate answer. I think Paul's given you a link to a place that sell them, and we've told you that they are out there. We have continued (vaguely) the topic because other people may find information useful, such as those who may not want to spend £400 on a set of forward controls and just want the pegs upgraded to look nicer (ref. my link) - perhaps that's what you had in mind - little did I know you were so intent on the posture more than the style of the foot-pegs.

I apologise on my behalf (Paul can apologise for himself) for trying to help out and suggest ways in which you might be more satisfied with the bike. I'm sorry I can't pluck a link out of thin air, and link it to you. If I could be bothered to go on google and have a shop about, I would, but thats something I'm sure you are perfectly capable of doing. I'm also pretty sure I've seen this thread before somewhere else on the forum. The technical term is UTFSE.

OH, and here:

http://www.customspirit.com/mandos-avanzados-yamaha-xvs125250-drag-star-p-62.html?osCsid=134438dc262c08e9c1011b1300f890aa

Thanks for the link mate

I don't see the number of question marks being used as a point worth picking up on in a conversation where people are trying to help you out. Kind of annoyed me when I read that.

Also, yes, it was a straight forward question - but I think we've given you an adequate answer. I think Paul's given you a link to a place that sell them, and we've told you that they are out there. We have continued (vaguely) the topic because other people may find information useful, such as those who may not want to spend £400 on a set of forward controls and just want the pegs upgraded to look nicer (ref. my link) - perhaps that's what you had in mind - little did I know you were so intent on the posture more than the style of the foot-pegs.

I apologise on my behalf (Paul can apologise for himself) for trying to help out and suggest ways in which you might be more satisfied with the bike. I'm sorry I can't pluck a link out of thin air, and link it to you. If I could be bothered to go on google and have a shop about, I would, but thats something I'm sure you are perfectly capable of doing. I'm also pretty sure I've seen this thread before somewhere else on the forum. The technical term is UTFSE.

OH, and here:

http://www.customspirit.com/mandos-avanzados-yamaha-xvs125250-drag-star-p-62.html?osCsid=134438dc262c08e9c1011b1300f890aa

I know it's not my question, but it was very helpful for me, I'm looking to do the same forward controls and didn't find anything on eBay or anywhere else ,now I know where to get them, but I will try the advise given here and try to do it myself, £3/400 is a bit too much for me. Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online