dt175mx

gt russ
This post is 4886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:D HI ALL,I'V just got dt175 mx for restoration- ex field bike

no docs or reg plate ,would it be best to try & get it registed or get

another frame,if i can find one? :unsure: cheers russ.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:D HI ALL,I'V just got dt175 mx for restoration- ex field bike

no docs or reg plate ,would it be best to try & get it registed or get

another frame,if i can find one? :unsure: cheers russ.

Wow jump in at the deep end, ex field bike, that may be a nightmare. Its the very last step before the breakers. Some may say its already there.

You can buy restorable runners for a couple of hundred if your not fussy, they will have documents. You need to have a good look at this field bike and consider if it is worth restoring. Do you know if its stolen or not, vital if you are intending to restore it. It would not be the first time someone has done a bike up genuinely only for the police to come and take it away when they try to register it.

Please don't think i'm trying to put you off, some field bikes are very tidy and are genuinely good bikes without the hassle of tax,mot etc. But there are a lot that need far too much work to be anything else.

Whatever you do there is plenty of support on here, the 175 has quite a following.

Find someone who can do HPI's. Give them the frame number, hopefully they'll come back with a registration. You can then use a v55 to apply for a logbook.

Either that, or write to the VJMC with the frame number, and they should send you a letter back with the year of manufacture, (after you have paid them a small fee of course..) then all you've got to do is get it mot'd insured and taken to your local friendly (!??) dvla place where they should relieve you of £60 (plus cost of road tax) and provide you with a numberplate and logbook..

:( THE problem is its in a thousand bits so taking it to the dvla isnt an option

i dont want to spend money on the frame if i cant get it regested? i think its gonna have to be another project bike with v5 or a frame if i can find one??????????????.

Ok, forget the dvla for now. See if you can get a hpi done on the frame number, that should show up if it had been registered in the past. Also will give you hints if its been nicked in the past too.

Either that or buy a frame and logbook..

:rolleyes: CAN any body out there do it for me??

vin no 2k4061485- :blink:

I didn't get a V5 with my TZR when I applied for a new one DVLA didn't have any records of the engine or frame numbers(bodged) went through the registration process and an inspection and they still could't come up with antyhing Yamaha didn't recognise the so called frame number either so in the end I bought another frame with V5 and didn't have any more problems :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online