yamaha 1984 tt 600 backfiring

gio1
This post is 4895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone just new here checking out this site my mate told me about ,i got some ploblem with my tt 600 it backfires and pops on acceleration i was just wondering what i can do to fix this ploblem i'v clean carbs, fuel tank, petcock, new hoses, plug at wits end and can someone tell me how to set mixture screw please be much appreciated thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi , got a few tt600s and xt600, does it back fire from straight off all the way through the range or after say 3 or 4 mins riding, could be fuel starvation or cdi unit, ensure the inlet hoses are leak free and th link pipe to the rhs carb is clear.

cheers

TTB

Hi , got a few tt600s and xt600, does it back fire from straight off all the way through the range or after say 3 or 4 mins riding, could be fuel starvation or cdi unit, ensure the inlet hoses are leak free and th link pipe to the rhs carb is clear.

cheers

TTB

[/quote backfires straight up new fuel lines all of them i dont know starting to crap me was going like a trooper but sat it for a while now this

mainly on start up idling pops and carries on. Going along is all right, when u give it a gut full of stick all fine, then when u back off throttle it backfires and wants to stall.

mainly on start up idling pops and carries on. Going along is all right, when u give it a gut full of stick all fine, then when u back off throttle it backfires and wants to stall.

Hey gio-maybe try your problem in the yamaha workshop-or dual sport sections? Sounds like the 600 couldnt pull the skin off a custard hey? cheers. :D

Have you checked the carb inlet manifolds for leaks, also maybe worth checking the coil pickup behind the generator cover, it can be a number of things so its just a matter of either some else experiencing the same problem and knowing the fix.

Or just a process of elimination.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online