Keihin Carbs

Ravensia
This post is 4894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You would have to play with the jetting. I would want to know what "extra jets" are included. It would have to be jetted differently from the 650. If it were me and I were making the change, I would compare the stock jets in the BS34 in the XS400 to The stock jets in the BS34 in the XS650. I would then start tuning the Keihin by using jets in the same proportion smaller that the BS34 jets are from the 650 to the 400.

You would have to play with the jetting. I would want to know what "extra jets" are included. It would have to be jetted differently from the 650. If it were me and I were making the change, I would compare the stock jets in the BS34 in the XS400 to The stock jets in the BS34 in the XS650. I would then start tuning the Keihin by using jets in the same proportion smaller that the BS34 jets are from the 650 to the 400.

Thanks, Just didn't know if anyone here had tried the set up or not.

And one more thing what about the brake calipers, they are the same from Mikesxs for the 650 as the 400?

I have not used those carbs, but honestly, the price looks good and Keihn carbs are top notch. If I ever need to replace my Mikunis, I will take a long hard look at that kit. As Yamaha used the Mikuni BS34 on both 400s and 650s, I don't see why those 32s would not work on the 400.

As for the brake calipers, everything looks similar to the calipers on my '79 XS400, but I couldn't guarantee anything.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online