Coast ????

This post is 4821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been watching that Coast program on BBC2 , Velly Intelesting" :rolleyes:

Hows about a coastal run next year B) Starting at say Backpool on West coast, right down to Tenby, Along bottom , & up East to say Whitby ,

Pick up A few members on way , they can ride along as far as they like,. Wuold take a week :unsure: or maybe more, Inpute from all would be good on this idea ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just starting my new job Monday and with the scout programme not sure what I have left for next year!

good idea John, why not each member of the area come up with a good biking route and lead it. He/she will know the cafe's and B&B's/campsites etc

This would make a great 'fund raising' opporchancity !

a baton relay type event-each baton carrier raises a sponsor sheet localy-once a charity has been agreed on

the catch :unsure:

each baton carrier rides to the next destination to deliver the baton - wearing flourescent green legwarmers, flourescent pink tutu, flourescent green bib with the 'fundraiser event' printed on the back ?-photo's taken along the way-posted on here, riders can go as far along the trail as they want,

ok, Blackie I think your farthest Norf so you could kick it off ? :huh::unsure::lol::o:lol:

This has been mooted a few times, a sort of coastal relay-marathon with a tracker-type-thingy. Sort of round the country (legally) in the shortest possible time. There might even be a record in it!

Dunno if I ever signed up to the cross dressing thing, but hey BH - if it's your thing, that's fine with me!!

I'd certainly be up for some sort of circumnavigation of the coastal routes - as CBD says, logistically it would be very difficult to organise, although the reality is only swap over points would need to be arrange, route planning could be left to each individual rider, but some pretty accurate stage times would need to be gathered in advance.

It would be best run around the longest day, but this clashed with the Dusk til Dawn events for Help for Heroes, although an event running parralel, and for the same charity sounds like a good tie up ?

Thats a great idea, Blackie.

The coast roads of any country give lovely views and is totaly different than riding inland routes. Usually the roads are twistys, the villages are small and friendly, the views of the wide-open coast gives a feeling of total freedom.

A choice of what you want out of your trip would have to be deceided before you set off. The entire coast could be traveled and when you get back home you sit down in your favourate arm-chair and think,,,,Yes, i've done it,,,but i cant remember any of it. You will have done the trip toooooooo fast if this is the case.

Also if the groupe traveling is very big a lot of organisation will have to be put into it,,,,,split the groupe into 2, wait for the slowest rider,,,,ect ect

I dont know what my situation will be next year (new wee wan) but i will be up for it so i am penciling myself in for the now !

Keep the coments commin on this thread, till we see what happens !:D

to keep it logisticaly seemples :huh:

no racing-no time trails and no 'timing' as such

If there's anyone farther Norf of Blackie then Blackie liases (blethers :D ) with him and the guy/gurl to his Sarf (South)-

so each participant only arranges runs and times with another 2 peeps-1 North of him and 1 South of him, that leaves everyone to easily organise 'their leg of the tour',

Example: A Highlander (lets call him Shagus Haggis), Blackie and me (I'm a little South of Blackie) arrange our depart/arrival, times/dates.

So "Shagus Haggis" starts the 'tour'(dressed in the tutu etc), the 'baton*' goes to Blackie (he puts on the tutu etc), he delivers the 'baton' to me, I don the tutu and leggings etc and relay this kit to CBD? (unless there is anyone South of me)

* The 'baton' could be any object (a toy Tigger for example)

ok thats my tuppence worth, look forward to seeing other suggestions

ps, I know exactly what SirPat2Wheels is TOKNABOOT, couple of m8's of mine went to Monaco last year-all they saw were tarmac, white lines fields-when they got there sure they were greeted by the wonderfull sight of Ferraris and giant yachts-no sooner had they got there they had to turn around and see the tarmac, white lines and fields-not much of a holiday !

Now heres someone who's game :o

with added 'Bunnie ears' for protection, "ooh la la "

Kevintutu-1.png

Yeh ,,, No pressure" Casual pace ,,, if you put up times and " ron de vous" it will stress the ride, :mellow:

Plan route " yeh , but not tied. " iv never been a charity fan, coz i think there all rippin off Attention seekn bastardo"s, lining there own pockets, or buying Guns and drugs with the proceeds.[ geldof ] denies this, but theres proof,

But keep the sugestions coming,, One thing i would say is Mid-Summer. Im easy on the route, i wuold like to do the whole hog tho :) maybe not North of Scotland tho " Its Barron

Oye" Gas up" i never mentioned crossdressing,. :lol:

Just seen Kev piccy, Hes a big girls Blouse ...:lol: :lol: :lol::P

Edited by blackhat250

I'll pick up the Lakes north into Jocklandshire, maybe Ayr ???? Stil a bloody long way from Barrow to SW Scotland by the coast though..

Just to add my tuppence to Blackies post regarding 'charities' yep I agree most charity raised is swallowed up by admin----so if anyone can jump in with a suggestion for ,,,,maybe a kid they know of who needs funding for an op',,,,or funding for a flight abroad for an op' etc etc

I'll pick up the Lakes north into Jocklandshire, maybe Ayr ???? Stil a bloody long way from Barrow to SW Scotland by the coast though..

you are either a Philistine or a Luddite Darren - ITS SCOTCHGITLAND-ffs :angry:

:P

I think its very unfair that certain members of this forum are picking on my mate Kev.

He went up greatly in my esteem tonight when he offered to give Christine 'one ;):blink: ' in my defence. That mans a hero in my eyes and no one can call him.

Christine - Wow.jpg

ATB

J

argg,how long have you had photo's of chritine in your wallet,,you realy are one sick puppy...:puke:

Ive had it ever since you gave it me whispering "Look after this!" Owt for you pal. Anyway, it makes my wallet feel fat and no one will knick it.

Instead of a coastal ride - how about your idea Kev of a sponsored lick around Christine ? :unsure:

ATB

J

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: B) I'm coming too...don't you dare forget moi, I can do Englandshire no problemo Mr B.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online