just a newbie saying hi :)

NewberzYBR
This post is 4898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all new to i suppose road bikes and just thought i would say hello :), i have a brand new YBR 2010 and i love it i often go on the long way home on the way home etc its a very good bike, anymore ybr lovers out there ? so anyway thought id say hi and hopefully get to know you all soon cheers :).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi ,

I love the YBR . I bought one as my first bike in 2008 (after 20years in cars) and went on to do over 8000 miles before I part exchanged it for my XJ6 when I past my test a year latter .

Welcome to YOC! :)

I love them too, on my second YBR now (first got stolen).

In the 5,000 miles I've covered in the past 18 months the only problem I've had is the headlight bulb failing on both of them.

The biggest drawback I've found is the british weather and how fast it changes, looked like a drowned rat when I got home yesterday as I hit a hail storm and went out without my waterproofs on! :lol:

thanks guys yeah i know about the great british weather like a week ago only had it 2 weeks went into the shop and the wind blew the blooming thing over £14.00 on a new indicator :( haha

Welcome to the YOC Newberz B)

That must of been some wind, was it on centre stand ?

You sure the wind knocked it, was ther any scumbags hanging arround ?

the wind blew the blooming thing over

Welcome Newrnburg" , There plenty o" Blaw-in Buggers on here, They"le keep you right ;)

Hi & Welcome :D , I just got one a few weeks back 08 with 600 miles, mint & cheap , Its a good time to buy, but the weathers not been great obviously so have not ridden it mutch & I haven't decided yet if I like it or not ? I like to be hands on , doing any any maintenance & repairs etc & avoid garage bills , but this has fuel injection & other gadgets that i'm not used to, so I guess i'll have to do some homework & study up on it if I decide to keep for more than a few months & also not keen on the skinny wheels ( ive read some bad reports on them )after fat ones on my marauder, though it's easier to get in my shed :grin: . I like that it has a side / centre stand a kicker & a rack , anyway enjoy yours :) ....root

Welcome to the YOC Newberz B)

That must of been some wind, was it on centre stand ?

You sure the wind knocked it, was ther any scumbags hanging arround ?

yeah was on the centre stand i even made sure it was on properly and on a flat surface i popped into the shop for 1 minute came out and was on the floor couldnt see anyone around that was my second thought but the wind was incredibly strong them few days so unfortunatly i had to for out for a £14 indicator :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online