Long time no hear/see

Emzed
This post is 4907 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there everybody peeps :blush:

Many sincere and abject apologies for my lengthy absence :blush:

I've managed to get some time to myself on a borrowed PC as my "all singing, all dancing" Dell is still silently recalcitrant.

Enough of the excuses :blink:

My SR 250 is finally on the road and I have done about a 1000 miles relatively trouble free

On the day I took it it for the test (1st Sept) the chain "jumped" the sprocket and I had to enlist the services of a mate to get it back on as I only have a sidestand fitted. (didn't think it was that slack)

Anyway it sailed through MOT with flying colours, (red oxide primer actually) but the first serious ride out I lost the rear light lens

I was fortunately at the home of another good mate who produced a trailer board lens which was "cobbled" on with the aid of good old gaffer tape. (still attached by the way as I've not got a replacement yet)

On the first Rally weekend (3-5 Sept) I got to 2 rallies, (Wobbly Goolies and Ure Welcome Back) doing around 300 miles over the weekend without trouble.

(Not strictly true, I put 10 quids worth of diesel in the tank just outside York on the way home, but the trusty little Yam got me to Malton where I stopped and it wouldn't start again {surprise :wacko: } so draining the tank and carb and refilling with PETROL got things back to normal)

Anybody else had a DEISEL SR ?

I've had to revert to standard gearing as the 40 tooth rear which was on it when I got it got too "hooked" for safe use.

Having had the opportunity to try 2 sets of sprockets, I I think I'll be replacing the rear with a 42 (the standard rear is 45) as the 40 was over-geared and present gearing seams under-geared

The recent sharp frost has killed the battery (which wasn't new) so I'll be saving up for a GEL battery. Expensive but a worthwhile investment in my opinion.

I do have an issue with the headlight however, it has the "original import" lens unit fitted and the main beam seems to "vanish" and I'm resorting to using the "dip" beam in a raised position to be able to see at night on unlit roads :(

Has anyone else encountered this ?

But all things considered, I'm quite chuffed with the bike overall and look forward to many more miles and smiles :)

Sorry again for the long delay with the progress report.

Ciao4now

Em :icon_cool:

PS nearly forgot :blush: the gearbox trouble was the gearchange shaft wasn't in engagement by about 2mm :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online