speedo not working

Wullie
This post is 4888 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I,v just finished a rebuild on my 1977 DT 175. Its all going not too bad, but the speedos not working.

I,v checked the cable and the drive all seems to be working the fault seem to be in the clock. When I turn it by hand

it some times works. The thing is, can you take them to bits to check inside? Any advise would be good.

Thanks Wullie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I,v just finished a rebuild on my 1977 DT 175. Its all going not too bad, but the speedos not working.

I,v checked the cable and the drive all seems to be working the fault seem to be in the clock. When I turn it by hand

it some times works. The thing is, can you take them to bits to check inside? Any advise would be good.

Thanks Wullie

If you pull out the cable from the speedo does it turn as you spin the wheel?

and also if you grasp it between your fingers you should not be able to prevent it from spinning as the wheel turns.

Speedos are not meant to be messed with :huh:

Hi, The cable is driving from the hub ok, the fualt is in the speedo itself.

dont think theres much wrong with it, if you hold it at the rite angle & spin

the cable it works but if you hold it the other way it wont!! Do you know of any one

that repairs them in the UK?

Hi, The cable is driving from the hub ok, the fualt is in the speedo itself.

dont think theres much wrong with it, if you hold it at the rite angle & spin

the cable it works but if you hold it the other way it wont!! Do you know of any one

that repairs them in the UK?

sorry wullie I dont, ask redrose

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online