slow dt??

Connor dt
This post is 4732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone.

I have a 2001 dtr 5000miles,

i have brought a new exhust, taken out the reed switch and unpluged the PV and put it fully open.

But it still wont go past about 65mph and there is no drive in th gear if anything it gets slower in 6th?

Dose anyone know if there is a different restriction on it or any other way to improve the bike performance?

Any Adive greatly appreceated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Connor is your PV set up right, do you know if the part where the pulley bolts onto is

1: Diamond shaped?

or

2: Rectangular with two curved edges?

did you check it is fully open by feeling in the exhaust port when you had the exhaust off?

It is like this guys :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Xhmw5zIi4

And i have not checked the exhust, is its not open fully on the exhust do you just puch it open?

Cherss matee

you have mis-understood what I asked you.

when the pv pulley slot is aligned with the hole , did you feel or look into the port, it should be smooth at the top,

oww it Rectangular with two curved edges

ok so when the slot / hole are aligned you should find that the top of the port is smooth , if it is you can eliminate this as being an issue.

I will ahve a look tomorrow and get back to you mate

Thankss

Not meaning to interupt here but have you done anything with the carb, bigger main or lifted the needle?

Not an expert on the water pumpers but when i was a snotty teen and we pegged the valve you needed a 240/250 main or no good.

• 5 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online