Riding becoming a workout!

daveyboy5
This post is 4917 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

I recently bought a 2008 R6 with 915 miles on the clock. Absolutely love it to death. However, over the last two days its developed a bit of a problem and i am hoping some of the veterans on here may be able to offer advice. When i take the bike for a ride in the morning i.e. from a cold start, there is no problem at all... everything feels as though it should do. When i take it for its second ride of the day, i feel like i've done ten rounds with mike tyson by the end of it. When i release the throttle it feels as though i am being thrown forward. My thighs kill cos im hugging the tank to maintain position, my wrists kill because i'm constantly pushing myself back to maintain position, riding slowly/filtering is jerky and difficult, and my n**s feel like they've been crushed as i'm being constantly squashed up against the tank. In summary, it feels as though without throttle the engine wants to slow me down to quickly. Any likely/'usual supects'? Thanks...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online