MY BLOODY BIKE!!!

christofeser
This post is 4914 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye criss " our old bikes have kickstarts :D ,,,, my moneys on that hot earth wire,..

Any way, get that modern 4 stroker roaded for sunday, and see you at " ACE" B) Then you can take us to brighton ,

Who'se going from Ace to brighton?

I'd be happy to lead the way seeing as I know it like the back of me hand... :)

What I would give for a kickstart mate....

Chris

So you are going from the Ace to Brighton on Sunday yes? And you want someone to take yous down there?

How many people and what size bikes? I would be glad to...

You on the DT?

CBD. on the tdr , am on the H2. and dek looks like the LC250. as his kettle needs water pump seals, ,, breakfast at ace then on to brighton , be good to have a local onbaord,

pace . leisurely,,,B)

soz chris i cant ring u iv got no cred, pm me and il get back to you, have you got a volt meter? if so put it on the terminals of the battery it should read at least 13 volts! if anything the very last thing it could be is the starter motor. check everything else 1st m8.

if you have cleaned the cable connection from the starter motor then next step is to check the earth. run a wire from the negative terminal of the battery to a bolt on the starter motor then try to start it. if none of this works then its defo the motor.

Ahh okay. Well I'll check it all up tomorrey.

And Blackhad, I'd definitely be up for taking you guys down or even just tagging along. The hardest part will be getting from the Ace across London. I'd probably go A406 heading south, stop of at Box Hill in Dorking (good biker meeting place, especially if the weather is good), then head on down south using some of the less main roads which are actually amazing and twisty and lovely but don't actually add on too much journey time...

Saying that, I need my new bars to arrive tomorrow in order to fit them on Saturday (the ones im using atm are slightly bent) as well as getting my new forks fitted on Saturday (they're waiting in the shop)...

I'll keep ya posted, im 90% there though...

Chris

I'd strip the starter motor and give the com a clean and check the brushes as well.

A hot earth lead needs checking out though

I think my dad just thought of the problem...

I have changed the engine in my bike and I think I may have forgot to earth something maybe?? Or perhaps that it's not Earthed well...

Perhaps not, I'll check her out.

I might strip the starter, is it tricky?

Chris

if you do what i said, and it starts up then you will know that you have a faulty earth if it dont start up then its the motor

So you suggest putting a piece of wire (any old wire?!) from the negative to the bit on the front of the starter under the rubber thingy?? Yes?

Chris

So you suggest putting a piece of wire (any old wire?!) from the negative to the bit on the front of the starter under the rubber thingy?? Yes?

Chris

no lol

undo a bolt that holds the starter motor on then get some wier (iv used speaker wier) and wrap it round the bolt then tighten it back up, then connect the other end to the negative on the battery.

then start it up ...if you can

is the wier and connection under the rubber thingy clean? if not take it apart and wier brush it till its shiney then put it back together.

Edited by Paulwhite

Oh I see. I thought you meant the bolt that holds the wire on!

Yeah sure thing, cheers mate, I'll try it in the morn.

Chris :)

the bolt that holds the wier on is the positive comming from the starter solenoid and links directly to the battery when you press the switch

if you do what i said and it starts ok then all you need to do is put a good bit of wier from the bolt on the starter motor to a bolt on the frame (make sure its bare metal) then it should earth it properly unless the earth linking to the battery is at fault. then all you would need to do is put a good bit of wier from the negative on the battery to the frame (as the frame acts as earth)

what is a wier? the correct term is wire???

Why do you guys call thingy to thing?? is that good English..

Forgive me am not a native English speaker...thingy used by most?

I do english classes for the locals..so please help! :unsure:

Ah when trying all those, dont damage your original parts Chris! Why dont you read the service manual in the meantime? :P

what is a wier? the correct term is wire???

Why do you guys call thingy to thing?? is that good English..

Forgive me am not a native English speaker...thingy used by most?

I do english classes for the locals..so please help! :unsure:

Ah when trying all those, dont damage your original parts Chris! Why dont you read the service manual in the meantime? :P

thingy is just a form of slang (means we cant remember what its called but we know what it is) and wier is poor spelling lol it is ment to be wire

I AM VERY CLOSE TO THROWING A BIG HEAVY BRICK AT HER!

Okay so I've done what you said paul, and even without it, I'm just hearing a rather large "click" at the bigging (not a buzz as you would hear with a low battery) and it's not even trying... wiring problem?

I'm really really getting annoyed now, it still bump starts fine, but with two new charged batteries it just doesn't make the effort and clicks at me once...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online