Hi all

Big Bird
This post is 4842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. Im new to the forum and to riding. Passed my test at the end of August and have an XJ600 Divvy, which I ride everywhere and love. It has a couple of little niggles, one of which being it does not idle very well, and another being it looses power at low revs. Can anyone shed any light on possible causes please? Thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Give it a good service first to see will it help any before you jump into doing the things suggested.

Cheers - it had a full service

Welcome bigbird " i would check the air filtre etc, see if they"ve been renewed at the service, did they show you the old plugs ? Good garages will display your old plugs ,old brake pads etc,;)

Welcome bigbird " i would check the air filtre etc, see if they"ve been renewed at the service, did they show you the old plugs ? Good garages will display your old plugs ,old brake pads etc,;)

Thanks blackhat. I actually changed the plugs and filter myself when I got the Bike in July.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for all your comments, I guess I should have started by listing the things I have done already. Might have been useful!! :rolleyes:

I also wondered if it was being starved of fuel, so I took the fuel pump out and tested it ( with assistance! )as someone said the pumps are rubbish on this model, but its actually very efficient.

All been a useful experience, as I've learned a lot, but still frustrating. :(

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online