Best route?

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 4902 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If your only going to view it, then can't you get the train/get a lift? If your going to collect it err... get the train/get a lift. Or thats what i would do  :unsure:

Wouldn't fancy that run on a 125 to be honest, and at this time of year .....

Here's a pic taken on Sunday from Kirriemuir (between points H & I on your map) facing north:

PICT0013Large.jpg

See that white shite? It only gets worse the further north you go.

Take the train mate.

Having bought a number of things (cars mainly) at long distance, i might suggest a few things that you are probably doing anyway:

1) ask for loads and loads of photos - a few photos on the website they are selling on will be the best photos. Ask for them to take some of specific features.

2) Spend 20-40 minutes talking to them on the phone, virtually walk through it with them and ask them to point out the good points and the bad points. After this conversation and some more detailed photos you can make a more informed decision about whether it is worth the trip.

3) It looks in quite a remote place, things generally command a higher price in the biggest urban areas - keep this in mind; you may see this as a brilliant deal, they may be desperate to sell and you may be the only interested party (the ball is more in your court, than in theirs, maybe)

4) See if they will meet you somewhere, if they want a sale they will likely offer to do so. It might also let you know the vehicle is reliable too.

dave i am mightily impressed that you even consider to take that journey on your 125, i must be getting soft.

or you are a biking psycho :lol:

dave i am mightily impressed that you even consider to take that journey on your 125, i must be getting soft.  

My votes on the latter  :crazy:

You wouldn't say that if you'd seen what that thing goes like, he'll be there in 20minutes (if he stops for a smoke) :lol:

Guest CardBoardDave

Well ive made an offer. There price is very good if it was just a normal van but kitted out its much cheaper than round here.

ive knocked of my travel cost and half the road tax so fingers crossed she will accept. Moving to the usa none the less.

Yeah looks good plenty of pics and full test, drive home tax if she gets finger out. Ill give it ago all the same. set off very early or very late and get there mid day.

Thanks for the tips Merv and the snow warning Pete.

Should be better run than london by the looks of it.

Cheap living could be just round the corner :)

surely, a local YOC member could have a look on dave's behalf?

Yeh drewps " its 2.5, hours north of kirrie pete, & me, , wheres the ebay link dave? till i check it out. i worked that area last year, . i know peeps up there thru T.o.war, & save that DTr for Ace caffeB)

Yeh drewps " its 2.5, hours north of kirrie pete, & me, , wheres the ebay link dave? till i check it out. i worked that area last year, . i know peeps up there thru T.o.war, & save that DTr for Ace caffeB)

it's not what you know, its who you know :thumb:

To put the distance into perspective Dave:rolleyes: ,, Am 3hrs north of Carlisle, huntly is 2.5 hrs north of me, John, O, groats is another 4 hrs north of that, & no motorways north of perth,

A splash of duel carrageway here and there, but mostly A/B class roads north of Aberdeen, , A9 is alternative route, cut of at Aviemore - to forres, either way is a long road,:huh:

Guest CardBoardDave

To put the distance into perspective Dave:rolleyes: ,, Am 3hrs north of Carlisle, huntly is 2.5 hrs north of me, John, O, groats is another 4 hrs north of that, & no motorways north of perth,

A splash of duel carrageway here and there, but mostly A/B class roads north of Aberdeen, , A9 is alternative route, cut of at Aviemore - to forres, either way is a long road,:huh:

That sounds great john i hope she accepts cause i am chomping at the bit here.

I love long runs :D

Guest CardBoardDave

You wouldn't say that if you'd seen what that thing goes like, he'll be there in 20minutes (if he stops for a smoke) :lol:

Slow an steady me ill have you know ;)

You coming to london with me and john if we swing by on the 7th?

Guest CardBoardDave

surely, a local YOC member could have a look on dave's behalf?

Id not want to put any one out drew. Plus its a pretty good write up and i can tell she has nothing to hide. so im happy on that front :)

Why not split the journey up Dave, I've got a spare room

IMG_0021.jpg

and so has Blackie

halloween_wallpapers.jpg

Not as spooky jammer ," 1865 " tho :) And dave"s welcome to rest over , Heres the drive Old git, 1 mile long

staffs2010002.jpg

staffs2010001.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online