XS400 front forks and wheel alternative?

01ps
This post is 4890 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an 81 XS400 Heritage that I hardtailed and bobbed.

I am wondering if there is another alternative to the stock 33mm forks and wheel on my XS400. I want to put a spoked front wheel with drum brake on the bike instead of the heritage special mag wheel and rotor. Either want to find a wheel assembly that will work with the current forks, or better yet, a fork and wheel assembly that will fit in the triple tree clamps. I don't need the speedo. I can get a new axle machined with spacers if it is close to the proper width.

Any ideas? For instance, I know that the old CB350 and others had 33mm forks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the xs360 2-D had drum/spokes and you may find an xs2 650 might fit.

did you check out the post regarding another xs400 bobber?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought base model XS400s had front drums? I just bought a set of front forks for my 81 XS400, and they didn't have caliper mounting ears (so I assume the front forks were from a base model with front drum).

I have an 81 XS400 Heritage that I hardtailed and bobbed.

I am wondering if there is another alternative to the stock 33mm forks and wheel on my XS400. I want to put a spoked front wheel with drum brake on the bike instead of the heritage special mag wheel and rotor. Either want to find a wheel assembly that will work with the current forks, or better yet, a fork and wheel assembly that will fit in the triple tree clamps. I don't need the speedo. I can get a new axle machined with spacers if it is close to the proper width.

Any ideas? For instance, I know that the old CB350 and others had 33mm forks.

Your profile does not show where you are located - that would help. My son has an '81 XS400 Special II with original wire wheels and drum brakes front and back. Not familiar with the Heritage so I don't know if that will work for you.

The '79 XS 400 has everything you want. I just bought the whole setup from the states =) The front has a nice twin leading shoe design,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online