XVS 650 dragstar

muffdiver
This post is 4578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody

can anybody tell me what the differences are between the classic and the custom.

would the same work shop manual cover them both.

thank you in advance for any help.

dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Peter thanks for that, i now know i have the custom build, so other than wheel arches / fenders and by all accounts tyre sizes can any one say if there are any other differences to look out for. thanks.

Fatter seat, forks have thick covers on them, mudguards are metal, battery and compartment covers are usually same colour as the paintwork, wider wheels (and thus tyres), different shaped handlebars, different speedo face styling (sometimes), bit more chrome, different headlamp, different indicator and rear light placement, number plate fixture is different... Oh, and teh Classic is 20kg heavier.

Overall, most things are the same.

Where anything is different, the service manual describes (and illustrates) both variants.

Oh, one last thing - The Custom is prettier ;):lol:

Oh, I see fine. So does the the other half... and she argues it better than I do :D

• 10 months later...

Depends how badly it's been abused by the previous owner(s).