Winter hack

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 4913 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have a look for a Kawasaki KLE500, same power plant as the ER, but more weather protection, some hand guards to keep the wind off, easy to pick up, stable on slippy crap and quite good fun to ride.

They just look a bit off....

I had one as a hack for about 4 years then sold it to a mate, looks as rough as a dog but it's still running, and he gets 120 miles out of a tankfull of fuel

Aye, Gas-Up,,,

There is a KLE 500 for sale near me,,,,,,,,it is a 08 and has 2500mls,,,,,,,there a good bike ya know,,,,,,,he wants €3000 for it.

View2-3587803.jpeg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got a jawa sat here doing nothing... would make a great winter hack for somebody ;)

failing that buy an XJ, they arent slow by any means (120mph with my scrawny 9st ass on it and my slightly larger brother perched on the back), i did 90 miles on £10 of fuel (at 90-100 most of the time) and parts are dirt cheap and easy to find, plus they look kinda like the kawasaki GPZ900 that tom cruise had in top gun ;)

I passed me theory 48 of 50 and 65 of 75 hazard. So hopefully is should not be long till i can get a mid 90s tenere or plain xt. Some good bikes in my budget too ive seen

Not selling my stroker though. Will be getting "tweaked" B)

I passed me theory 48 of 50 and 65 of 75 hazard. So hopefully is should not be long till i can get a mid 90s tenere or plain xt. Some good bikes in my budget too ive seen

Not selling my stroker though. Will be getting "tweaked" B)

Well done mate, onto Mod 1 now - word of advice, have a look at the different test centres in your area or speak to people about them if you can, as I have discovered that some are a lot bigger than others, and therefore the high-speed manoeuvres are a lot easier to handle. Best of luck!

yeh I know you said around a 125 but ill also vouch for the er5, been a great winter hack for many years. I rode mine through everything... after many years use I swapped it for a gpz5 which was just as good but has the added bonus of a lil extra power and some wind protection