Winter hack

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 4913 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave

Evenin all :)

Im looking for some ideas what to get for me winter hack cause they dont grit these roads and id rather not drop me tdr even though its a shed to look at but ive grown quite found of her.

Im looking for 125 or less

Chunky rubbers dual sport type of bike so i can hit the moors some times too

4 stroke would be nice for good mpg

been trawling ebay under £500 on the road but not much other than china

seen this made me laugh

6d3e086a.jpg

Motor roma looked good and its a yam engine

Ty

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get one of these, Sir Dave.

No snow, ice, fields, bog or moutnains will stop ya then !

002.jpg

Guest CardBoardDave

Ive only riden two quads in my life. One had a pull start and i rode it round a carboot The other was a 250 camo painted thing and it scared the shte out of me.

They worrie me

is that road legal Sir Pat? or do you have special rights being gentry an all

Ive only riden two quads in my life. One had a pull start and i rode it round a carboot The other was a 250 camo painted thing and it scared the shte out of me.

They worrie me

Aye, but there great fun B)

not ment for tarmac so can be very giddy turning but where im from there are few roads :D

so goin round corners flat out sideways takes some beating on the adrenilin rush scale !

you could always get a winter hack like this dave, me and drewps out on our winter hacks.

zimmer-1.jpg

sorry drewps. :lol:

you could always get a winter hack like this dave, me and drewps out on our winter hacks.

sorry drewps. :lol:

better than being ignored OT B)

Guest CardBoardDave

Well after a day of thinking about the distinct lack of bikes in my winter hack budget and really want to ride to paris for le petit déjeuner i have just booked me theory 3rd nov

Week of 8th onwards so no tdr tour of cornwall after london now instead some lessons back up here

Well after a day of thinking about the distinct lack of bikes in my winter hack budget and really wan to ride to paris i have just booked me theory 3rd nov

Week of 8th onwards so no tdr tour of cornwall after london now instead some lessons

Bloddy great idea m8,,,,,,ya wont be sorry when ya pass

found this for you Dave, great for winter hacking...

ktm.jpg

That is the dogs dangles,,,,,,,i would like one

Superb DAVE" so ITS A BIG TWO-STROKE for squires next year,, , I Was out on bike today Fresh it WAS,:rolleyes: a-climatizing my self for the run to Ace caffe" B)

• 3 weeks later...

On a serious note, I would highly recommend taking a look at a Kawasaki ER-5... completely bulletproof, great winter hack imo and you can pick up a goodish one on eBay for around £700 if you catch them right. I did my training on one and thought it would be fantastic for the winter, this one had been dropped more times than Ann Widdecombe in Strictly rehearsals and it still soldiers on.

Have a look for a Kawasaki KLE500, same power plant as the ER, but more weather protection, some hand guards to keep the wind off, easy to pick up, stable on slippy crap and quite good fun to ride.

They just look a bit off....

I had one as a hack for about 4 years then sold it to a mate, looks as rough as a dog but it's still running, and he gets 120 miles out of a tankfull of fuel

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online