yb100

webi
This post is 4906 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right my yb100 seems to pull nicely in 1st and 2nd and 3rd in 3rd gear it tops out at 40-45 if i change into 4th it will either stay at the same speed or drop speed i took it to a bike shop and they said it does not need a rebuild so i was just wondering if anyone on here could help also when i am riding it it feels like it hesitates only for like half a second sometimes like you let off the throttle and put it back on quick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i take it this bike will have points.

have you checked the adjustment and condition.my brother used to have a fizzy and the points needed adjusting regularly to keep it running well . chris

i take it this bike will have points.

have you checked the adjustment and condition.my brother used to have a fizzy and the points needed adjusting regularly to keep it running well . chris

yes it has points mine are set at 0.014 i think, i might try 0.012 im also going to clean out the fuel petcock and filter and maybe try it with no baffles

where my exhaust attaches to the downpipe sort of thing it is blowing i wonder if that would affect performance?

last time i looked i know it was running rich because the spark plug was black sooty not oily i took the baffle out today but havent been far enough to see if any improvement can the police do you for riding without a baffle?

can the police do you for riding without a baffle?

Short answer Yes.

As far as it goes the exhaust is THE critical component on these engines. Minor exhaust issues can rob masses of power. If you lose 2-3 hp from something when you only have 8 or 9 to start with its going to hurt.

You MUST get the exhaust to seal properly, if not the bike wont be running properly as instead of drawing unburnt charge back into the cylinder you will pull in air which will mean your bike running lean at the most critical point in the power. I will also cause hesitation.

Short answer Yes.

As far as it goes the exhaust is THE critical component on these engines. Minor exhaust issues can rob masses of power. If you lose 2-3 hp from something when you only have 8 or 9 to start with its going to hurt.

You MUST get the exhaust to seal properly, if not the bike wont be running properly as instead of drawing unburnt charge back into the cylinder you will pull in air which will mean your bike running lean at the most critical point in the power. I will also cause hesitation.

ah right there was some black stuff seeping out of were i know it is blowing from it isnt big but how would i seal it it is where the exhaust system connects onto the down pipe?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online