AT3 or AT1???

big.d.y
This post is 4911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. In fact this is my first post in any forum.

My son recently purchased a 1973 Yamaha 125. We need parts for it and I am having trouble figuring out if it is an AT1 or AT3. The model number is AT1-228121 so I assumed AT1 but I have been told by motorcycle parts places that Yamaha didn't make a 125 AT1 in 73 but they did make an AT3. Of course they couldn't tell me how to tell what series I had. Could somebody please tell me how I can tell. I also have a 1978 Yamaha 250 that I thought was a DT but again, I am being told there was no 78 DT 250's. How can I tell what series is this machine also? Thanks to all who check this out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there and welcome" There was DT250s in 1978, Mono -shock , tho " is your a mono "? twinshocks Dt250s & 400s were ended in early 1977, [ sales that is] pictures is what we need ;)

You have a 1973 AT3, engine numbers ran AT1 201101 to AT1 232651, engine and chassis numbers should match.

It should be Brigade Blue if it still has the original paint. The 72 AT2 was Mandarin orange with the 71 AT1-C being Brilliant red.

The frame prefix for all these bikes is AT1

HTH ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online