xvs 125 pulse pump

Paulwhite
This post is 2448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can anyone tell me how the hell the pulse pump connects up?

its off the bike (i didnt take it off) and i need to connect it back up again :blink: and its looking like a mass of hoses going into a block of metal at the mo. some pics would be nice (hint hint lol)

but yeah any help would be appreciated cause i need it to get the cbr engine running properly for the bobber project then i can start mounting the engine into the frame :D and take some pics to post an update :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its a chunk of metal with about 4 hoses on it, it connects to the fuel line on the petrol tank then to the carb and the rubber inlet to the cylinders.

its there to use the vacume created by the engine to pump fuel into the float bowl but i havent a clue what hoses go where! :blink:

oh and have you sent the postage to me yet for the fender? cause if you have i havent received it. well not yet might come today about 1 ish.

PULSE PUMP? what pulse pump if you mean the fuel pump its diamond shaped and connects the fuel from the tank pet cock to the carbs and also the inlet manifolds by way of four hoses via the fuel pump. its all explained in the service manual ie the PDF file i sent you, plenty of pictures which show you every part of the bike and how they fit.

soz OT i stand corrected it is the fuel pump but iv had a look at that pdf manual u sent me and its only got info on how to dismantle it and clean it but not where the hoses go. :blink:

paul, whenever i work on any of my bikes i always take photos so i can get an idea of where they go ,have had a look and have found this one might be of some use shows one hose going to the air filter, one goes from the petcock to fuel pump and one from fuelpump to carb thats the best i can do .

pics145.jpg

hope its of some use.

paul, whenever i work on any of my bikes i always take photos so i can get an idea of where they go ,have had a look and have found this one might be of some use shows one hose going to the air filter, one goes from the petcock to fuel pump and one from fuelpump to carb thats the best i can do .

pics145.jpg

hope its of some use.

S5001695.jpg

S5001694.jpg

S5001693.jpg

S5001692.jpg

S5001691.jpg

Can you figure it out from these?

cheers OT i ended up taking it apart and found out how it works :D its all sorted now but that pic u put up is handy! i wondered what that bracket was for! and was going to just chop it off! but now i know it holds the pump i think il keep it :D

cheers for all the help OT much appreciated!

iv managed to get the engine revving properly now so next stage is to get it in the frame :D sounds mint with the baffle out :D

pics145.jpg

right see the screw on the carb in the pic at the bottom right? its a tap to drain the fuel from the carb so put a cup under it and undo it to let the fuel out.

undo the 4 screws at each corner of that cover and take it off

you should se 3 brass pipes, the long middle one is the main jet use a flat head screwdriver to take it off (only the top bit should come off)

that is the main jet! should have 90 stamped on it

you need to get one of them with 95 stamped on it (its a 95 mikuni main jet) or even a 97.5?

then screw the new jet on so its seated then put the cover back on (but put one screw in then put the opposit screw in then do the same with the other 2)

tighten up the drain screw and put everything back on. done!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Vanfred mate, this post is 7 years old..! Your not likely to get a reply any time soon, best thing to do is say Hello in the new members section and then ask for help in the General area of the site, someone might remember this thread and point you to the right place. Just sayin..!

• Cynic locked this topic

This post is 2448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.