CBT and Insurance Question

barkwindjammer
This post is 4819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone done a CBT using their own bike?, if so how did you get on with your insurance company, reason I ask is a young gun I know is looking to sit his CBT soon and has a bike-he's having difficulty finding an insurance company to cover him-til he's got his CBT :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has anyone done a CBT using their own bike?, if so how did you get on with your insurance company, reason I ask is a young gun I know is looking to sit his CBT soon and has a bike-he's having difficulty finding an insurance company to cover him-til he's got his CBT :huh:

My missus did.

No problem at all. I insured it under her name with me as a named rider. I took it down for her to the testing place and she rode it back.

When we insured it we told them she hadn't passed her CBT and they asked to forward on the certificate number after she had. It wasn't a problem at all.

edit - Bennetts I think it was who did it.

Cheers Darren that helps a lot, this kid has tried 3 insurance companies and has had the same response-no CBT-no insury, you would think that in these austere times they would be wrenching the arm off youngsters to get their 'hard-earned' :unsure:

I'll pass the info on m8 B)

You'd think so... but then you realise that half these youngsters probably think that having insurance means they can still ride around without CBT and won't bother doing it.

I actually like that idea.

The schools provide bikes as part of the cost, so might as well feck around with theirs and not have to worry so much about it, eh!

Me and my dad did ours together and swintons insured me as of the 00:01 of the day of my cbt so until we had done the cbt we towed my bike there on a trailer but as suggested you could ride it and they could be your pillion (most 50s will still hit their max speed (30) with added weight if the centre is close. Although you only save £10 or so if you do it on your own bike it's a better idea to take theirs so then if you do drop it or such like you will not have to foot the bill :)

• 3 months later...

as suggested you could ride it and they could be your pillion

Not on just a CBT, you can't.

- No passengers

- No motorways.

- No riding without L-Plates.

Not on just a CBT, you can't.

- No passengers

- No motorways.

- No riding without L-Plates.

As in someone he knows could take the bike down for him (who has a full license) and they can pillion with them? Or get a lift down with someone else?

As in someone he knows could take the bike down for him (who has a full license) and they can pillion with them? Or get a lift down with someone else?

Yeah yeah, I misread... Probably having an off-day. I thought the kid was riding down to CBT.

Correct version - Barky, or someone else licenced rides it, with kid as pillion. ;)

That'd work, yeah.

I talked about this with Alex from OYB training, he prefers to use his own bikes for CBT as they ar covered with insurance for any damage, and if you do fall of it is his bike that is damaged and the pupil cannot moan that their bike was damaged,the same goes with his his Direct access courses

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online