Horses on the road.

DT Derek
This post is 4915 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to be fare,i have slid on horse shit that i didn.t see,, and b4 you say im another inexperianced moron

We all make mistakes, mis-read a situation, don't see something we should, go round corners way to fast. The point is, when you do you take responsibility. When someone else is truly at fault then the outcome (insurance, police, court!)backs up the claim. I have no issue with that.

Inexperience doesn't make us bad riders, it makes us inexperienced. The totally wrong attitude makes us bad riders.

i went to tunisia a couple of years beck ,and the horses pulling carrages over their were wearing what looked like a hammock under their tail to catch any poo,,i cant find anything on google to show you,,but i don't see why we can't do the same over here,,you must admit ,,it is unsightley to say the least..

I agree totally with you, but the same could be said about the polutants that come out of bikes - only you can't see then or ride over them.... just inhale them. Hmm, horse crap on my bike or nasty gasses in my lungs, I wonder which is realy worse?

They burn horse/donkey/Yack crap in many countries. Try going to the Himalayas, they stick it to the outside of their houses, when it falls off it's ready to burn, and it has an aroma you'd never forget....

I live in a part of the world where mud on the road is normal, horse crap is expected and cow crap sticks like warm toffee (and destroys the road surface too). I ride to the conditions, I 'TUG', that is Take, Use and Give information, I would never say I'm a good rider although after 20+ years in the saddle I would say I have broad experience. I have ridden in places that would scare the crap out of most people, This year I rode over 800+ miles of dirt in Portugal, in 2012 I'll be riding to Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukrain and some more or Europe - and I still have an awfull lot to learn. I think I have alot to offer the inexperienced riders, but for some reason most of them know more about riding a bike than I do,,,,,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still stand by original point and I still belive horses should not be allowed on a public road.

and your attitude towards them ?

Hoo-RAH for Gas Up!!!

VERY well said, very well tempered and very correct.

Touched nerves or not, there is nothing but sense in those posts and I applaud it!!!

Gas up - Let's Go

I have read your lengthy and detailed reply, and with all respect, I still stand by original point and I still belive horses should not be allowed on a public road.

it's not your opinion,that offends,it's your attitude and responce.. but don't be put off by our opinions,they are just that,an opinion.your still welcome to comment as much as the next man/women..:)

Oh well, sorry for having my own opinion B)

Derek, it's not your opinion, everyone has one of those and by definition it cannot be wrong. Others may disagree with it but it's still just a thought in your head, and it can't hurt anyone, although you will find with such an opinion your ride outs will be lonely affairs.

I was hoping that you would read, and take in the extensive advice I gave you. It takes alot of time to help people - in your case what is written above will enable you to become a better rider. Take a look at my sig. that green circle with a green triangle and the letters IAM in it shows that I have taken and passed an advanced motorcycle test. Now that doesn't prove anything other than for 90 minutes I could ride to the same standard as a Police rider, but it does show that I am not to old, or experienced to accept advice and critisism from riders with better skills. I was offering you the same courtesy.

But no, what you did was say, or rather what I understood was 'yes I read it, and I know better' well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I only hope you live long enough to realise your error. After all it's your mum, dad, sisters/brothers, etc etc who will have to live with the consiquences of you not living long enough.

Im with derek, horses are not meant for tarmac, also another problem i suffer from is tractors pulling mud from the fields and leaving it all down the roads, dangerous to say the least

Oh FFS.....

I'm really struggling here,

how is mud dangerous ? does it jump up and hit you with a broadsword? does it lie in wait and jump on you with 5 of it's mates ?

Does it explode for no reason?

Because I'm struggling to see what it does except just sit there on the road.

What do you young lads want,,,,,,,, The whole road to yourselves,,,,,,,never gona happen,,,,,,there is always gona be things all over the road,,,,,,,and that includes you lads, lying in the middle of the road with your bike not far away, unless you wise up ! ! !

I suppose you dont want any leaves to fall off the trees and land on the road either, or rain drops,,,,,,these kind of things are every bit as bad as what you lads are talking about.

My first and last post on this topic,,,,,,cause it is just annoying me now !

Gas up,,,, im with you in everything you have said, dont think there is much you can teach people if they dont want to listen.

Come and live in the country and see how much mud is being dropped on the roads by the tractors currently - sowing oil seed rape and winter wheat.

Get a life, or rather keep yours - and open your eyes.

I do live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields, im trying to keep mine but it gets harder with hazards everywhere!

Have you considered buying a car? it sounds so bad where you live. It's the worst time of year...Autumn and god forbid someone may also want to ride their horse.

One thing I would like to make clear again is that not everyone on the road is experianced enough to over come understeering through a horse shite. It could have been my mate on his aprilia sr50 with smaller slicker road tyres. That would have been a worse situation.

Would anyone agree with me that it was abit selfish for them not to scoop it away and help prevent a serious accident? They do it in the field, why not on the road were people on bikes are :huh::(

And for the record, I know leaves / rain and also a problem, but they cant be overcome. Horse shite can be, so it should be delt with.

Fit ye like scrinky, yer fair gittin yersel in a muckle stramash loon B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online