DRIVING LICENCE

choppernorgate
This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, I just read this on another site and thought it was a good point,

Ok, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on here before, but thought this would be as good a time as any to remind everybody out there to check your expiry date on your drivers licence photo card.

I only say this because I've recently recieved the reminder and necessary forms to renew my photo, as it's well over ten years old! (13 to be exact)

Even though I had a new one issued in January 2008 when I passed my direct access.

Any way, check the photocard, and get ready to pay out £20 for the pleasure of updating your mugshot! Not only that, but it's not uncommon for people to forget about it or not realise, and then they're driving without a valid licence!

and do take a photo copy of both sides, coz some peeps, have had to resit there test,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The DVLA do send out reminders, but not everyone gets them for some reason.....

It's just another tax, that's all, unless they tie this renewal in with some sort of test (you know the ones, to show you can still ride/drive etc) then it's nothing more that revenue gathering.

If you do find that you are riding/driving without a valid liciense then it is unlikely that the DVLA will fine you. The Police will report you for the offence, but it's down to the DVLA to take action.

It's a good point for you to raise though, and yes take coppies, and get someone to validate it for you (a Police officer, magistrate, doctor, MP,) as the DVLA don't accept photocopies. Oldtimer has a story to tell on this one....