Newbie sixteener

DT Derek
This post is 4927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there.

Im Derek, im 16, from Aberdeen (shire), and Ive just started using my 1984 DT50MX on the road :)

Had a few teething problems with it so far, nothing a few nights alone in the garage couldnt sort.

siderear.jpg

moneyshot.jpg

front.jpg

dials.jpg

Someone had dumped a ghetto blaster in a quarry not far from me, so I took it, full of water, but it now works! Might strap it to my granny rack when I get some batterys for it lol

radioblur.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wow.

I strap a boombox on me xvs 125!

And I'm 17!

Are ya the scottish version of me? :S lol

welcome bud, hope we can help ya wiht any of the teething probs.

haha

The problems are sorted now.

Main one was none of the electrics were working, apart from the headlight.

This was because the red positive wire had corroded off underneath the ignition barrel, a bastard of a job becuase the contact point wouldnt take solder, so had to melt the original 26 year old solder which took an age.

And a slipping clutch that went down to the cable.....a leaking carb due to a fooked bowl gasket, and an exhaust gasket.

Anyway, its all good now :)

haha

The problems are sorted now.

Main one was none of the electrics were working, apart from the headlight.

This was because the red positive wire had corroded off underneath the ignition barrel, a bastard of a job becuase the contact point wouldnt take solder, so had to melt the original 26 year old solder which took an age.

And a slipping clutch that went down to the cable.....a leaking carb due to a fooked bowl gasket, and an exhaust gasket.

Anyway, its all good now :)

and what about the choons ?, if that old 'grannyfone' can play The View or Glasvegas your sorted B)

TOKNABOOT !

Aye, cant stand new 50cc bikes. Far too expensive, mostly twist and go, and look crap :D

My dt just suits me to the ground ken :P

:o insult to my baby TZR :P I understand your point I have a rather stereotypical view on twist and go's and the DT looks good ;) and welcome

Well I had been looking for one for about 3 months before this one came up, even then it was 100 miles :rolleyes:

Had stupid thoughts about getting something pish for this one year, then a nice 125 when im 17, but I just couldnt put up with a ned ped for a year. Your only 16 once B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online