Swapped the sparkplug out for a shiny new one..

smokinmonkey
This post is 4950 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As title, but I want to know was the old plug looking alright. I know you can tell a lot from how the spark plug looks.. So I took a few pictures.

Also I don't have a torque wrench so just tightened it by hand and then put a half turn on it with a normal wrench.

P1020838.jpg

P1020839.jpg

P1020840.jpg

Hows that old plug looking? :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The old plug looks better than fine monkey, I'd stick that back in, put the new one in a drawer for when you need it B)

The old plug looks better than fine monkey, I'd stick that back in, put the new one in a drawer for when you need it B)

Spoken like a true scotsman barkey

easiest thing i have found is to try the bike with the new plug and if it runs better then thenold one is on the way out

:o:angry: My old Grandfather used to have a saying !

"herfsewagtk hfgtwsc jloftyaya"

but he was bonkers :huh:

Na the bike wasn't starting on that plug.. I checked the plug though and it was sparking, but it was a very weak looking spark.

eBay, £1.77 for the new plug, couldn't beat it! Bike is running great now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online