Things I've noticed...

AndEdward
This post is 4930 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1) Bikers are helpful - Not 15 minutes after getting my MOT certificate, I'm in the Post Office car park on my knees fiddling with the tax disc holder. 'Having trouble with your bike, mate?...only I'm a biker and I saw you pokin' about so came to see if I could help,' said a voice. Followed by 15 minute chat about decent local rides. My car's broken down a hundred times and no fecker's ever stopped to help me.

2) Bikers are friendly - Total riding time...3 hours(ish). Biker's nods...12 and counting. Nobody in a car EVER nodded at me.

3) When was the last time I got in my car and went for a drive for the sheer PLEASURE of it? NEVER...That's when!

Looks like I made a good decision...

Have fun, people.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i remember many moons ago on my ty50 16 years old 1982, overheating on a sunday going to the local bikers haunt at high beech epping , many bikers stopped to see if i was alright including about 30 zz top lookalikes all riding in a pack was like something out of mad max.

at the time i was a bit intimidated being no more than a child really, but now realize they were normal bikers trying to help, so yes bikers are a really nice bunch of people usually misunderstood. chris

This is what biking is all about.

I always try and stop if i can, usually they are waiting for somebody. It happened on a roundabout in warrington awith a Ariel goldern arrow, it ended up me being invited for a ride to the pub. cou;d take them up on the offer as me battery was playing up and the lights were dimming. :huh:

great fellowship, bit like scouting really

i stopped on a motor way once to give a helping hand to a stranded metro with two old dears in.when i took my helmet off ,they locked all the doors and threatend to call the police iff i didn't go away:unsure: i think it was the balaclava that startled them ,on reflection.:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online