Yamaha Bulldog

Black Dog
This post is 7065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I've just bought myself a BT 1100 Bulldog, just love the design and the noise it makes. It'll sound even better when I put some race cans on though. Anyone else out there got one? Anyone know what the performance figures are? As I'm trying to run it in I haven't opened it up yet!

Cheers

Andy.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:hi to the Forum Black Dog

Those BullDogs are pretty cool from what I've heard 8)

Aren't they powered by a RoadStar motor?..........can't recall :dunno

I think the Bulldog is a really fine looking bike. The engine is from one of the Yamaha cruisers and I don't think it is much of a hooligan from what I've read. The engine puts out about 60bhp and shaft drives use quite a bit of power. So, it is probably be a relaxed laid back tourer type bike. I was thinking of getting one a while ago and I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it. Bike has performance figures at the back.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

The Bulldog engine is the 1100cc out of the Dragstar or Vstar as it's known as in the States.

It hasn't got too many horses but the torque is impressive. I like it better than my previous 650cc Dragstar, more comfort and a lot more sure footed on those twisty roads and nicely balanced. I like it as I'm not a speed freak, I like the cruiser engine in the sports frame which I think is a great combination. Also the brakes are awesome coming out of the R1 - they need to be because of the Bulldogs weight.

Cheers

Andy

:wave Welcome Black Dog. I had a go on the bulldog that came in our shop the other day, it suprised me cos I liked it when I thought I would hate it! :shock:

• 1 month later...

:lol:

Hi - bought my Bulldog 3 Sept - now run in and just back from France & Germany - really enjoyable tourer at 80% of an equivalent BMW - and a good engine - I had a 1100 Virago for 10 years - so I know how strong and reliable the engine is!

I'm trying to find the dealer mentioned in a past copy of MCN who can release a few more bhp -anyone know?

Meanwhile love the looks - in Fr & Ger people came up and asked " is it italian" for which the answer is .."about 50%"

Regards

Wyn

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

The Bulldog engine is the 1100cc  out of the Dragstar or Vstar as it's known as in the States.

It hasn't got too many horses but the torque is impressive.  I like it better than my previous 650cc Dragstar, more comfort and a lot more sure footed on those twisty roads and nicely balanced.  I like it as I'm not a speed freak, I like the cruiser engine in the sports frame which I think is a great combination. Also the brakes are awesome coming out of the R1 - they need to be because of the Bulldogs weight.

Cheers

Andy

Just watch out for being hard on the brakes going into a tight right hand bend, cos the front down pipe can ground fairly easily ........ go on, ask me how I know!!! yeh, I know it was only a demonstrator bike .....

:lol:

stormy

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my bulldog for a year now.Superb ride and a good looker.But shame about the poor italian build quality.Nothing but probs with mine.New cylinder and oil pipe fitted due to corrosion.The speedo has been changed three times.Started it up a few weeks ago and had smoke coning from under the tank,earth strap came off engine.Had to have it recoverd.Now its giving me running probs when cold.In the hot weather petrol cones out of the carb when standing in direct sunlight.Yamaha say this is a known problem and quite norman ???.Im just glad i have a first class dealer to put things right.I would love to keep this bike but may get rid of soon.I would not like to own this bike when the warranty runs out.

Mick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online