Problem with indicators and clutch

Ben89
This post is 4939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

Problem 1

My front left indicator has stopped working and the rear left is flashing too fast. The front and rear right indicators are fine. I've changed the front and rear left bulbs and cleaned the connections with contact cleaner, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Problem 2

The first time I change into 1st when the bike's been cold for 5+ hours (approx.) it jerks forward and stalls. Gear changes into 2nd and 3rd are also getting increasingly clunky and it sometimes sounds like I've run over a drain cover.

My bike is an '02 Yamaha XVS 125 Dragstar. I've gone through the manual and adjusted everything to the parameters it specifies. It had new spark plugs and an oil change about two weeks ago. I'm trying to get it ready for sale as I've got my mod. 2 test on Wednesday and I'm going to university on Sunday 26th so I won't really need it anymore (hopefully).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty new to bikes (started in May).

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check the new bulbs in the known good indicators, then have a look in the indicator that isnt working, check the spring loaded contact has not jammed.

Clutch, this can be caused by too much oil...check the level is correct.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a shot in the morning.

:angry: problem 3 try an intraduction before a question.

What's your problem? I was trying to keep the post concise. Why should I bore people with an introduction when I can get straight to the point? I can't really give anymore relevant information about the problems. Going by your username I'm guessing your posts aren't usually very constructive.

hmmm touchy arn't we.it would be polite.and we would know a little about the people were helping out.

"oldgitonabike" posted a helpful response and didn't complain about my post. You want to know about the people you're helping, but you didn't post anything helpful. Check out my profile if you want some more info, that's what it's for (although it's quite empty at the moment as I've just signed up). What I posted was not impolite, just to-the-point. If someone helps me out I'll be polite and show my appreciation. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone on this site. I came here to share knowledge with people who have a genuine interest in bikes. I understand what you're saying, but my point is that more information was just not necessary in this instance, and I'm not about to take advice on manners from someone going by the alias "up.yours".

"oldgitonabike" posted a helpful response and didn't complain about my post. You want to know about the people you're helping, but you didn't post anything helpful. Check out my profile if you want some more info, that's what it's for (although it's quite empty at the moment as I've just signed up). What I posted was not impolite, just to-the-point. If someone helps me out I'll be polite and show my appreciation. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone on this site. I came here to share knowledge with people who have a genuine interest in bikes. I understand what you're saying, but my point is that more information was just not necessary in this instance, and I'm not about to take advice on manners from someone going by the alias "up.yours".

AMEN!

#1 Does the running light work and not the signal? Or are both out? Twice in 2 years I've had to use a battery terminal brush on my left front indicator socket. The "lolipops" on my bike are chrome ABS and the retaining strap and screws act as the ground. This is where I found my problem.

#2 Cannot offer help.

What's your problem? I was trying to keep the post concise. Why should I bore people with an introduction when I can get straight to the point? I can't really give anymore relevant information about the problems. Going by your username I'm guessing your posts aren't usually very constructive.

Right. Up.Yours doesn't need defending, and that is not the intention of my post, however, I do feel the need to respond to your post. The name of this site is "Yamaha Owners Club," not "YahooAnswers," "WikiAnswers" or anything else related to a question and answer message board. This is in fact a club, and as such club members generally introduce themselves, it's just common courtesy. Too often people ask a question and are never heard from again, and your first post made it seem as though you could be one of those people.

What Up.Yours was explaining to you was that many of the older and more knowledgeable members of this club will not answer questions posted by new members that begin their first post as you did. So, you are missing out on information from the most knowledgeable members. We are not trying to antagonize you in anyway, simply letting you know that we welcome new people and would simply like to know more about those we are helping.

I apologize that I cannot help you with your bike issue, and I wish you the best of luck with finding a solution.

Right. Up.Yours doesn't need defending, and that is not the intention of my post, however, I do feel the need to respond to your post. The name of this site is "Yamaha Owners Club," not "YahooAnswers," "WikiAnswers" or anything else related to a question and answer message board. This is in fact a club, and as such club members generally introduce themselves, it's just common courtesy. Too often people ask a question and are never heard from again, and your first post made it seem as though you could be one of those people.

What Up.Yours was explaining to you was that many of the older and more knowledgeable members of this club will not answer questions posted by new members that begin their first post as you did. So, you are missing out on information from the most knowledgeable members. We are not trying to antagonize you in anyway, simply letting you know that we welcome new people and would simply like to know more about those we are helping.

I apologize that I cannot help you with your bike issue, and I wish you the best of luck with finding a solution.

Bad earth on the indicator

side stand switch not working properly , this will make the bike stall when clicking into first gear, give it a good clean and spray with WD40

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online