Dt convert

Connor dt
This post is 4933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i belive this is the ultimate conversion

i just love the look of it when finished

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NnuTyafA1pw

Its far from the ultimate conversion imo. 

Google around the Portuguese websites and you will find some real style and workmanship for alot less money.

Nah thats just a tarted DT with some ally wheels. Bit naff TBH. My opinion mind.

THIS is what i call impressive, God alone knows what its costing but it will be some piece of kit when its finished.

aprila/Yamaha RZ350 supermoto

Nah thats just a tarted DT with some ally wheels. Bit naff TBH. My opinion mind.

THIS is what i call impressive, God alone knows what its costing but it will be some piece of kit when its finished.

aprila/Yamaha RZ350 supermoto

Was the first picture that came up on the search tbh. Like i said not that into supermotos.

No offence to the RZ350 guy as it's looking nice, but anything is possible when you through loads of money at it. Too easy imo. 

Was the first picture that came up on the search tbh. Like i said not that into supermotos.

No offence to the RZ350 guy as it's looking nice, but anything is possible when you through loads of money at it. Too easy imo. 

C'mon then Vez, what would impress you.

Granted the theory is the same as any 7/11 suzuki or the cbr6/9. But the technical problems he's fixing in building the bike is interesting.

World away from that blue thing.......

C'mon then Vez, what would impress you.

Granted the theory is the same as any 7/11 suzuki or the cbr6/9. But the technical problems he's fixing in building the bike is interesting.

World away from that blue thing.......

I won't say the RZ isn't impressive, just that it doesn't float my boat.

What impresses me are the new ideas, like the front wheel drive (2wd) for motor-cross bikes ( the hydraulic one) that was thought up a few years ago.

http://www.yamaha-mo...d%20its%20roots

Although i'm not a big trike person, i was also really impressed by the trike designed for disabled people. I really admire what the designer/s have achieved.

bosshossadvantage.jpg

I won't say the RZ isn't impressive, just that it doesn't float my boat. 

What impresses me are the new ideas, like the front wheel drive (2wd) for motor-cross bikes ( the hydraulic one) that was thought up a few years ago.

http://www.yamaha-mo...d%20its%20roots

Although i'm not a big trike person, i was also really impressed by the trike designed for disabled people. I really admire what the designer/s have achieved.

bosshossadvantage.jpg

Odd, a lot of the stuff for the disabled is not that high spec. A lot of the stuff i have seen is pretty basic as far as construction and design is concerned.

There are some real nice custom trikes that have chair bound pilots and their chair is generally part of the build. There are also plenty of gold wings with a glorified box on the back. Go along to the NABD rally and you will see some amazing kit. The equal in many cases of the meggabucks builds seen at the Kent Custom or the Rock and Blues.

There are also a few that look like somebody dropped the welder on a pile of scrap and a bike rolled out, but it takes all sorts.

Personally, i want to stick a RD250 motor in a dt175, i'll do it one day. ;)