New member... So... Hello :-)

2010yammyybr125
This post is 4934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I'm new here so I thought I'd come and introduce myself, since I plan on sticking around :)

I had a DT50 MX many many moons ago and only just got round to getting another bike, with Yamaha being my primary choice since I remember that first bike fondly, so I've gone out and got myself a shiny new YBR 125 :D (I considered the Honda CBF too, but I didn't like the big plastic pointy nose). Shame about the giant ugly L plates, but I plan on getting my A1 some time in the next year so I can bin 'em. Can't see myself ever getting anything bigger - I'm the complete opposite of a speed freak.

I know absolutely nothing about bikes, apart from what pleases me aesthetically, and I'm proper RUBBISH at riding at the moment. You do NOT want to be behind me on the road :o The other day I had to stop on a hill and I couldn't get the damn thing going again :unsure: Any tips very welcome!

Anyway, YOC seems like a nice friendly place to hang out, so I'll see you all about :wavey:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

:o The other day I had to stop on a hill and I couldn't get the damn thing going again :unsure: Any tips very welcome!

Anyway, YOC seems like a nice friendly place to hang out, so I'll see you all about :wavey:

Again Failte; to the YOC.

Tips------Learn to read the road ahead of ya and what is Going to happen, when ya get good at this ya will find yourself only slowing down rather than stoping. This is the most valuable tip i can give ya, it stands for ya in every sort of riding---fast and slow---and keeps ya safer.

To take off on a hill,,,,,,When stopped, put left leg on the ground right foot on back brake, little bit of throttle and let out the clutch a bit till ya feel it bite, then when ready to go gently let off the back brake and ease out the clutch a bit more, if ya think its gona stall give some more throttle and away ya go !

Go to a quiet place or carpark. Practice doing all the slow riding, taking off, stopping, turns, looking over your shoulder, turning off your indicators after every pretend turn, slowing down from 50mph to 15 not stopping and back up to 50mph..........this sounds all very childish But when ya know ya can do it corectly in a carpark or quiet road it gives ya so much more time to concintrate on whats happening arround ya on the real road.

ps. i am not douting your riding abillity, i am mearly advising you back into safe riding !!!

Happy and safe travels !

ps. i am not douting your riding abillity, i am mearly advising you back into safe riding !!!

Thanks 2 Wheels, at the moment the whole world is quite right to doubt my riding ability - I hadn't ridden for about 16 years, and I'm truly awful. I also don't remember being so scared of everything when I was 17! I think where I went wrong with the hill start is I was using the front brake. Felt a bit wobbly using the back brake. There's some good quiet hills round here to practice on though, so I'm going to take your advice :)

Welcome to the 'ward' :blink: girls, nice to see noobs making an intro instead of this

Quote; Bawrash

"got a bike yesterday it doesnt run, whats wrong with it ??? cheers" :huh:

Welcome orangemog and janet :) enjoy your time here

Welcome to the 'ward' :blink: girls, nice to see noobs making an intro instead of this

Quote; Bawrash

"got a bike yesterday it doesnt run, whats wrong with it ??? cheers" :huh:

:offtopic::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This world does amaze me somedays like we could actually answer that

I'm Janet, a totally newbie to this community.

Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

Hello janet what do you ride?

Welcome abord, Janet

Stick arround caus we do need more girlies on here !

Whats your bike ?

Where ya from ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online