YBR 125 replacing clocks covers

Jesus
This post is 4901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Following an embarrassing mishap my clocks covers are all smashed up. The clocks themselves are fine fortunately. I have replacement covers but to fit them it seems I need to remove the knob that resets the odo. Any idea how to accomplish this?

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if its just the bottom cover that your wanting to remove then it easy. start by removing the headlight, 2 screws at either side, remove the 2 bolts that hold the clocks on 1 either side of the ignition, unscrew the speedo cable the the colcks should be looser, find the wires that will need unpluging from behind the headlight and unplug them, the the clocks should then come away from the bike, there are 4 x 8mm bolts on the reverse of the clocks that need unscrewing then the cover should come off, you can remove the dial for the ODO by using a small spectacle screw driver und unscrewing the screw in it, although this isnt need to remover the bottom cover. I have just done the same on my bike and got the part from BrooksBarn.co.uk only about £15 delivered, MUCH CHEAPER THAN YAMAHA!!!!