Conserned about y.p.v.s

jakeyclarkey
This post is 4964 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should i get a multi meeter and test it? and it seams to have plenty of power atm so dn what to do, btw how do pin it open? and will it make a diffrence?

Multi meter is one way to test it, a 9 volt battery 2 wires and a small light bulb works if you don't have a meter.

Pinning the PV open will cause you to lose all bottom and mid range power, in exchange for a huge kick up the ass when you hit 6-7000rpm. Not a great idea for the road because it will need to be ridden like a hooligan.

btw where abouts are you from?

Barnsley neer sheffield. and i do ride like a hooligan ;) and would it be like rideing a yz 125? usta have one of those and it wasent bad on the road :D

and how do u test with the light bulb?

Not like a YZ, they have a wider power-band and some bottom end to keep you moving. 

Get a working bulb from a torch or similar. Fix the wires to the terminals and battery as shown. Wire as below, if the bulb lights you have a circuit.

17153435.jpg

ok thanks, will try that tmorrow :D, btw the bike dose about 70+ is that right or dose it sound restricted?

Doesn't sound restricted to me, restricted is around 55mph. Are you sure your PV isn't working right  :blink:

i can take a vid if you like but it just gos clockwise. when i got the bike the wire was in the block and hasent made no diffrence to speed earthing it but i have a recept saying its derestricted. anychance a dealer could have "remaped" the cdi?

i can take a vid if you like but it just gos clockwise. when i got the bike the wire was in the block and hasent made no diffrence to speed earthing it but i have a recept saying its derestricted. anychance a dealer could have "remaped" the cdi?

Not a chance, if they could remap DTR cdi's he would have a queue for miles of people wanting it done.

Vids are always good B)

ok then, will take a vid tmorrow of the powervalve moveing any ogther pics i should take?

Yeah a pic of Olga Kurylenko naked would be nice B)

You didnt need to cut the black one! Only the black with green stripe cable is required for earthing the cdi.

All i did was add a piece of cable to the other side of the original connector block by crimping a bullet head crimp on so i could remove if i wanted and earthed it to the top yoke. Im not sure why you have cut the black one aswell as its totally irrelevant :mellow:

You didnt need to cut the black one! Only the black with green stripe cable is required for earthing the cdi.

All i did was add a piece of cable to the other side of the original connector block by crimping a bullet head crimp on so i could remove if i wanted and earthed it to the top yoke. Im not sure why you have cut the black one aswell as its totally irrelevant :mellow:

to put the green and black wire to the black wire

But theres no need to make it more of a job than it is, i found it alot easier and tidier to just earth the black/green cable to the bottom yolk but thats just me ...

But theres no need to make it more of a job than it is, i found it alot easier and tidier to just earth the black/green cable to the bottom yolk but thats just me ...

debridage.jpg

Easiest way to earth the PV Ryan. ;)

The black wire is the earth wire, so isn't irrelevant. ( see above)

okay i get you now, i didnt understand the other pics,

But My ways still easier to explain :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online