650 Dragstar........... girls' bike??

Jinx
This post is 4935 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 16yr old daughter can ride my XJR1300, I wouldn't say it's a mans bike. It's the easiest bike to ride that I have. The XT, now that takes some balls to ride at speed, and the TTR with it Enduro Tyres on, you gotta have balls of steel to corner that on tarmac.....

Ive never ridden an XJR1300 myself, I just know they have a well known masculine image due to their style and large weight! lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive never ridden an XJR1300 myself, I just know they have a well known masculine image due to their style and large weight! lol

Can't argue with the weight, I could never fit it on the scales..... :rolleyes: But it certainly doesn't feel heavy at all. It must be very well balanced as I can hold it at about 45 degrees to the ground without any trouble and stand it up again.

You do see alot of women/girls riding smaller (as in 600ish) cc bikes, and I don't know why, other than there is a common belief that smaller cc bikes are lighter. I had a Varadero, now that's a heavy bike, and it feels heavy too. But the XJR1300 feels as light as anything, requires no effort to get it to turn and I can put it on the centre stand in my bare feet.

Can't argue with the weight, I could never fit it on the scales..... :rolleyes: But it certainly doesn't feel heavy at all. It must be very well balanced as I can hold it at about 45 degrees to the ground without any trouble and stand it up again.

You do see alot of women/girls riding smaller (as in 600ish) cc bikes, and I don't know why, other than there is a common belief that smaller cc bikes are lighter. I had a Varadero, now that's a heavy bike, and it feels heavy too. But the XJR1300 feels as light as anything, requires no effort to get it to turn and I can put it on the centre stand in my bare feet.

Whats the seat height like on the XJR? If you also ride a Tenere Im guessing you dont usually have a prob with seat height?! The whole "womens" bike debate is a difficult one. Im guessing a lot of shorter guys go for the same bikes that have the "women bike" label? As far as the dragstar goes I think its a really nice bike. When I first got into biking I had the intentions of buying one as soon as I passed my full test. I ended up getting a bandit 600 (cuz it was nice and cheap) until I could save up enough to put towards getting the dragstar. Unfortunately by the time Id saved up enough money (a long time!) Id gotten well and truly bored of the power the bandit 600 had. So I had to go for something with a bit more ooomph. Ive had the SV1000s for 5years and have loved it, but I think my most recent bike (the Yam warrior) is the bike that Ill be sticking with long term. At 260kg its a heavy bike, but a similar story to your XJR. Its well balanced and the low seat height make it much easier than youd imagine.

I'm guessing women don't have such fragile egoes and inferiority complexes as us blokes do.

I'm guessing women don't have such fragile egoes and inferiority complexes as us blokes do.

Nah, maybe they just have bad taste in bikes?! (joke) :)

Hi,

1. Female friend - rides a Gixer 750 - only times she' stops is for petrol- newbies in the club try to run but give up - her other half rides to see her at home!

2. Female - used to ride a Z1000 and a Z1300 6 pot like she stole it !!!! looks a little like a barbie doll.

3. Female rides a Suzauki 1400 & drives a HGV.

Common thing they are STILL BIKERS and never under estimate them, any bike can be a'girly bike' even with a male riding and vice-versa.

xx

1100cc?

What a pansy!!

Tell him to come back when he rides a 2300cc!! :D

Oi - I have a XVS650A and when I last looked I still had the requisite gentlemen's trouser furniture.

Ah, you mean you have the poser's Classic model? :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online