throwing coolent away

milne
This post is 4954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my dtre 07 seems to dislike coolent, every time i top it up it just comes back out the overflow when im driving :(

ive been leaving little puddles of it every where any ideas how to stop this would be great ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my dtre 07 seems to dislike coolent, every time i top it up it just comes back out the overflow when im driving :(

ive been leaving little puddles of it every where any ideas how to stop this would be great ;)

Take off the radiator cap and rev the engine a bit. If there's bubbles coming up then it's probably the head gasket gone.

Check that first.

well thanks for the help og im gona go check that now, and ive been toping up the radiator vez does it make a differance :huh:

I top up from the radiator with the bike upright and also try to keep the expansion bottle between the marks. If you do this and it still leaves puddles, then a compression inspection is on the cards imo.

why would you want to top up through the rad,when you have a expansion-bottle.

Because when i have had leaks ect in the past, the radiator has never sucked fluid from the expansion bottle, seems to be a one way street on the DTR ime. Although the tubes are routed differently on the newer models, i have never wanted to take the chance of thinking i have plenty of coolant just because the expansion bottle looks full.

why would you want to top up through the rad,when you have a expansion-bottle.

If there is a leak in the system, it will break the vacuum created as the coolant cools and retracts and the coolant won't be drawn from the recovery tank.

To th O.P.:

Good idea to remove the rad cap and have a look when you check the oil or every other time at least. I've also seen a blocked rad cause coolant to be pushed out of the recovery bottle.

problem solved guys i took the radiator cap of and gave it a wee rev, and it was bubblin like mad :angry:

so thursday night swaped the head gasket with a nearly new one and thats seemed to have fixed it :D although there was not much wrong with the gasket that came off weird :huh:

thanks for all the help guys ;)

problem solved guys i took the radiator cap of and gave it a wee rev, and it was bubblin like mad :angry:

so thursday night swaped the head gasket with a nearly new one and thats seemed to have fixed it :D although there was not much wrong with the gasket that came off weird :huh:

thanks for all the help guys ;)

Good to hear its fixed :thumb:

Hate to say it, but it may of just needed re-torquing. The head/cylinder is supposed to be checked and re-torqued periodically after a new gasket if fitted.

Good to hear its fixed  :thumb:

Hate to say it, but it may of just needed re-torquing. The head/cylinder is supposed to be checked and re-torqued periodically after a new gasket if fitted. 

eh like few days later mite do that today and my jets gona start with the 230 see what that is like

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online