Oh Dear, I feel faint!

XT Alan
This post is 7131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just found out that the new XTs are made for Yamaha in Europe by MBK, the well known :shock: scooter makers. No wonder the finish is so piss poor.

Yamaha say thet "the finish is acceptable for this type of bike". To which I say "acceptable to whom?" Even a Suzy GS 500 has a better quality "feel"'

It's a good job that I love the XT and that it goes really well, with the peeling graphics blowing in the wind :D . This is my first Yamaha however and I am of the opinion that this is the worst finished bike I have ever owned. It is a great performer, but every time I clean it I notice another blemish - annoying.

Are all Yamahas this bad?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fortunately NOT Alan :?

The Ol' phrase: They don't make 'em like they used to comes to mind.......which I'm reasonably sure you can relate to :wink:

That could be the very reason why I've been razzed so much by my wife & others, accusing me of being stuck in the 80's :roll: ......but Hey, What can I say?.....I ride a 21 yr. old goes, I don't ride it that much (Need 2 ride it more :oops: )......but it's quality & finish speak for itself :wink:

I guess the bottom line is that you have a rather unique Yamaha (blemishes & all) that you love to ride......so maybe you just need to not sweat the cosmetic issues & remind yourself the Real reasons you still have your XT.......IMO the best way to do that is to RIDE ON my friend 8)

There is a serious side to this:

We know that half of the Hondas we buy are made in Spain, Italy and the USA.

Therefore the only Japanese only manufacturers are now Suzuki and Kawasaki. Kawasaki's latest line of off roaders/adventure bikes are actually 100% Suzukis.

Therefore Suzuki will turn out making the BEST bikes.

I've always been a Suzuki enthusiast, so I won't need an excuse to "Ride the Winds of Change" if my XT proves to be unreliable and I move on.

Roll on the new DRZ 450. I'm bitten by the dual purpose bug, so the V Strom is out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online