tdm wont start

lee jones 31
This post is 4954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i am new on here and also a new bike owner,i have a tdm 850 twin 1996, she was running but fail to start one morning i have checked all the obvious and come to the conclusion that there is no spark,so i would like to know if there is a common fault on there before i go buying a new coil or is there something i can check that i havent yet checked, any advise would be greatfully recived thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i am new on here and also a new bike owner,i have a tdm 850 twin 1996, she was running but fail to start one morning i have checked all the obvious and come to the conclusion that there is no spark,so i would like to know if there is a common fault on there before i go buying a new coil or is there something i can check that i havent yet checked, any advise would be greatfully recived thank you.

[/quo

Mine is a 99 mod,has some kind of engine lockout system on it,ie it has to be in neutral,sidestand must be up,if sidestand is down,clutch has to be depressed etc...

are you sure none of those switches are foolin you?? Also check the fuel tap and emergency switch on the right handlebar. These bikes are almost foolproof so check

everything before buying a lot of spareparts you dont need.....

hi there thanks for the reply, the bike is turning over ok there is just no spark, i av checked all those switchs and they are working fine there is also plenty of fuel getting through.......

Oh yeah,they move,but are they letting current through? sometimes the sidestand switch seem to work but is full of water,mud etc. almost sure it has something to do with the lockout system.....

checked the fuses,eh? Also there is a switch on the clutchwire/handle for the lockout system..it is well explained in the instuction book,if you got it.Think the neutral switch is also wired in the system as the motor stops as soon as you put it in gear with the stand down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online