bike lag yb100

webi
This post is 4965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was riding my yb100 saw a ferrari and knocked it down a gear instead of up it made a horrible noise and started backfiring and lagging cant think of any word to describe it when i am going along it pulls back for less than a second the stops for another half sec then does it again.

left it for a bit not backfiring but at 40ish the bike does the lagging thing just wondered if you knew what it could be maybe

thanks webi

edit: i can actually physically feel it pulling back is this misfiring?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i was riding my yb100 saw a ferrari and knocked it down a gear instead of up it made a horrible noise and started backfiring and lagging cant think of any word to describe it when i am going along it pulls back for less than a second the stops for another half sec then does it again.

left it for a bit not backfiring but at 40ish the bike does the lagging thing just wondered if you knew what it could be maybe

thanks webi

edit: i can actually physically feel it pulling back is this misfiring?

Epic :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry i can't help you, but thank you for making my day.

Vez.

gap them with a rizla paper(old school).same with the plugs...

You should only use a Rizla for setting the "breaking" of the points !! Preferably a "blue" rizla paper as they are the thinest :D

Set the "gap" to the recommended setting with feeler gauges.

(the "old school" trick here was to use a "cigarette packet" to set the gap, same with the spark plug)

Good luck

Em B)

You should only use a Rizla for setting the "breaking" of the points !! Preferably a "blue" rizla paper as they are the thinest :D

Set the "gap" to the recommended setting with feeler gauges.

(the "old school" trick here was to use a "cigarette packet" to set the gap, same with the spark plug)

Good luck

Em B)

Damn! a cigarette packet, thats one huge gap for a plug :o

Damn! a cigarette packet, thats one huge gap for a plug :o

OK, smart arse :mellow:

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific :unsure:

THE CARDBOARD FROM A CIGARETTE PACKET, which was about 15 thou

(Park Drive/Senior Service etc.)

Which should give a large enough gap to allow a spark to be generated,

THERE IS NO RELIABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR THE MANUFACTURERS RECOMMENDED SETTINGS, however as a "get you home" bodge, the aforementioned method will "usually" suffice :thumb:

Em B)

By the way, shouldn't this be in the "Workshop" forum :unsure:

right guys thanks for your replies set the plug gap with feeler gauges was 0.014 inch i think but earlier i was going along it backfired (sounded like it was spitting from the exhaust a sort of splutter i guess) and died had to run and bump it 3 times to get it to clear think it flooded it then also did it when entering my village but didnt bog down and flood

i think it is flooding anyway not really sure what started this was i was doing 25-30 and instead of going into 3rd gear i knocked it down into 1st :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online