Just bought first bike

JohnnyK
This post is 4988 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

New member here, have just bought my first bike after much deliberation - decided in the end to go the sensible route and so I am starting with a Dragstar 125. It's a great-looking bike considering its engine size imo, I'm not too fussed about speed at this stage I'd rather get to where I'm going in one piece.

Anyway would be nice to chat to any other Dragstar owners out there, will keep you all updated as to my progress.

Cheers

Johnny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done JonnyK :) there is nothing like the first time you get a bike :thumb: .

Good for you and many happy miles.

Welcome to the forum.

There are many wise souls on this site who have a great knowledge of bikes so you should be okay if you need to know something about fixing your bike.

Hello all,

New member here, have just bought my first bike after much deliberation - decided in the end to go the sensible route and so I am starting with a Dragstar 125. It's a great-looking bike considering its engine size imo, I'm not too fussed about speed at this stage I'd rather get to where I'm going in one piece.

Anyway would be nice to chat to any other Dragstar owners out there, will keep you all updated as to my progress.

Cheers

Johnny

Welcome :D

I'm a relative "newbie" here too :mellow:

But I've been doin it since 1964

I'm sure you'll find some kindred spirits on here :D

Hope you have miles of smiles :thumb:

Em B)

Cheers guys I live in Surrey but I'll be commuting to London on weekdays so if you see someone wobbling down the A316 on a Dragstar be sure to give me a wave :)

I wont see ya wobbling on any road arround them parts, unless your going to Squires on the 4th sept, but anyway here's my :wavey: to ya.

Failet: to the YOC. B)

Happy and safe travels !!!

Guest attila

From one newbie to another welcome, i have found other users on here that have been a great help already and i have yet to ask for help with a bike problem. :o

Good bike, good choice.

Surrey's a good area for Clubs and the like, too. Big bike scene down that way!!

Good bike, good choice.

Surrey's a good area for Clubs and the like, too. Big bike scene down that way!!

Thanks I'm glad you said that, it's not easy to choose a first bike when you've got people telling you that anything less than a 600 isn't a proper bike :D

Yeah I see a lot riding past my way, some nice roads around here for it by all accounts. Shame I can't ride it for another 2 weeks..

Thanks all, happy riding

JK

Thanks I'm glad you said that, it's not easy to choose a first bike when you've got people telling you that anything less than a 600 isn't a proper bike :D

Yeah I see a lot riding past my way, some nice roads around here for it by all accounts. Shame I can't ride it for another 2 weeks..

Thanks all, happy riding

JK

In my experience most of those people haven got a bike. Check out the folks on here you will see 250's 400's big singles etc far more than 600's. Were not sheep, i think the main part of the YOC are the pure opposite to the:-"Must have latest thing everybody else has no mater if its the bike that suits me or not", type.

I'll admit customs are not hight on my list, but then a 25 year old 2 stroke probably aint that high on yours. The important point is its yours and YOU enjoy it. Thats what brings motorcyclists together.

B)B)

I used to meet them a lot when I had my 125 Drag.

Depending on my mood, I'd either inform them that I'd just very happily ridden all the way down to Cornwall and back on my bike, or I'd simply kick them in the nuts :lol:

To be fair, not many people go back from a big bike (the classification of which actually starts at 400cc, by the way), but 125s are seriously great fun for pootling about on and are most gracefully adept at filtering. I used to do London and back every Friday and my 125 was always more fun to filter down the M25 on. It just took more time to get there once the roads cleared ;)

Had a crack on it yesterday evening in a private car park belonging to a friend, big smiles all round. Nearly had a YouTube moment when I underestimated the power of the front brake and nearly headbutted the speedo, but other than that it was great.

One quick thing you might be able to help me with though - I'm not sure if it's due to my height (6'3) or just a feature of the bike, but I cannot engage the rear brake comfortably when my feet are resting on the pegs; I have to actively raise my right foot an inch or two and come over to reach it. Is this normal, or is there any way I can adjust the height of the pegs/pedals to suit my height?

Cheers guys, JK

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online