Don't you hate it when...

johnsnownw
This post is 4966 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Don't you hate it when you haven't been a able to ride for a while, and you have a day with nice weather, but you go out to start the bike...dead battery. There are downsides to having a security system on your bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope.

I have a trickle charger anyway, but I also know how to bump-start a bike ;)

Yep, had that happen to a motor scooter I owned. Disconnected the alarm/remote start as I didn't really need it for my location and style of riding. Usually comes with the territory of having more than one bike to ride. :D We should probably wire up a Battery Tender Jr on our bikes!!

Yep, had that happen to a motor scooter I owned. Disconnected the alarm/remote start as I didn't really need it for my location and style of riding. Usually comes with the territory of having more than one bike to ride. :D We should probably wire up a Battery Tender Jr on our bikes!!

Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Unfortunately, all my money is currently being invested in my wedding.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Unfortunately, all my money is currently being invested in my wedding.

Priorities yong man ........ PRIORITIES !!! ?

Em B)

think bike,,, have a budget weddiing.:thumb:

We are having a budget wedding. Problem is she is a doctor, just graduated med school. Loans are in excess of $200,000. *sigh*

Cannot bump start the Triumph.

WHAT???!!!!

What good is that.... unless you have an immobiliser and *that* is the cause of the problem?

I have a local bike shop that sells small solar panels which you can plug onto the battery whenever you are not using it. The cost is about £30.00 but it beats not getting ur ride B) Check out e bay you may find something similar ?

I have a local bike shop that sells small solar panels which you can plug onto the battery whenever you are not using it. The cost is about £30.00 but it beats not getting ur ride B) Check out e bay you may find something similar ?

Thanks, but the bike is kept in the garage, and I don't really have a place to install the panel so that it won't get stolen.

Ttaskmaster, yup immobiliser on the security system.

johnsnow............... the solar panels i mentioned are not as big as you think.............. they measure about 6" x 4" and come in pairs, there is a small length of wire that you connect to your + & - terminals on the other end is a plug which you can secure under the seat, then all you do is plug them in when you need them or overnight. if you have a window in ur garage u could hang them in the window.If i can find the website address here in the UK i will post it for you. He does a lot of internet bussiness and sends all over the world. :D:D

I have just been on his site.............. punch in www.thebikerstore.co.uk look in accessories, they are called 'Oxford Solarisers'.

I am not sure if the rules permit me to advertise,i have no vested interest in his bussiness, i have bought gear off him on several occasions and never had a problem. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online