help dt re125

milne
This post is 4969 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondering if any one had any ideas about geting my dt 125 to go faster iv done all the usal stuff to de restrict it its a 07 dtre what ive done modification wise is earthed the reed wire so it revs freely, big boy full system, boycen duel stage reeds,removed the two air bottles and blocked them off and removed the snorkle also turned the powervalve almost 180 lol i just had the thing doing 7o to 75 screwing it :lol: in 4th but as soon as i put it in to 5th it just dies powerwise :angry: the thing is heating up quick ive been told this is because of the amount of air the bikes getting and the lack off 2stroke and petrol ive been looking into ways of fixing this i was thinking a jet kit would fix the problem ive found a company in america that will make tailerd kits to your bike if you send them ur info any comments would help new members first post n that

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Milne, sorry to say, but that is a hard post to read.

First off, i have never heard off a big boy exhaust, do you mean BigOne?

The bottles you have removed, the only one that it is advised to block up is the rear one on the carb to airbox manifold, although i personally didn't notice much difference, if any in doing so.

I think you should put the one back on the carb to cylinder manifold. This one is an old tried and tested method to get more power from the bike, it basically holds an amount of premixed air and fuel ready for when the power band comes in. It is called the YEIS - Yamaha Energy Induction System for a reason ;).

Also i would put the snorkel back on, If you have to have more air getting in, buy a snorkel for a DT200 Lanza and fit that instead, although i don't think its needed.

70-75 in 4th :o , i think you have mixed 5th gear and 4th gear up, It has 6 gears in total you know?

Just rotating the power valve through 180 is not always the right thing to do, make sure it is set correctly.

To do so: Remove the exhaust so you can see inside the exhaust port. turn ignition on so the PV does its zeeek zeeek thing ( i.e primes itself ready to start) then turn the ignition off. Feel inside the exhaust port to make sure the power valve is flush with the roof of the port. If it isn't, slacken the cables and remove the pulley, position the PV correctly, put the pulley back on and tension the cables back up.

This is what should happen when you turn the ignition on and the PV is aligned correctly.

Oh and the best way to earth the PV (reed switch as you said) is like so:

debridage.jpg

HTH

Vez.

thanks for that vez this is very helpfully :D sorry if it was hard to read jst new to this yoc and forums not realy a pc person

thanks again for taken the time to write tht out ;)

looks like ive got a few jobs to do tomoro was ment to be ma day off :( lol love it realy

so if i set the powervalve like in the video it will be more responsive low down and il put the bottle back on

cheers vez

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online