What bikes have we owned

Guest attila
This post is 3543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Far far too many to remember. :hyper:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Honda 125 superdream............................................. crashed it the first day got stolen on the second

MZ125ETZ..................................................................1st & only 2 stroke

Suzuki DR125S

Honda CD200 Benly

Honda CB250 superdream X 2 .................................Didn't learn from the first one which was nicknamed the Exxon Valdez

Honda VT250F ..........................................................blew the motor to smithereens at 80 whike overtaking a Vauxhaul Cavalier

Yamaha XT350

Yamaha SRX400.........................................................one of my all time favourites loved that wee bike

Honda CX500EC.........................................................used as my courrier bike, unbreakable (other than the mechanical water seal)

Yamaha XT600............................................................Bought as a spares or repair & supermoto'd it

Kawasaki GPX600C1...................................................all I did was fall off the kwak

Suzuki GS850GN

Yamaha TDM850 3VD x 4............................................Keep returning to the old bus

Yamaha TDM850 4TX..................................................my first TDM put bought with 1500miles sold with 75000 miles

Yamaha XJ900F

Suzuki SV1000S..........................................................took me around France had a realy nice flat bar conversion, big accident killed it

and nearly me

Suzuki SV1000N..........................................................bought 6 weeks after 1st SV tried to kill me & taken me a further 3 times around Europe

• Like 1

"... Exxon Valdez..." Now that was a funny comment - if you can remember the reference. Errrr.......conservationists aside of course!

Yep your right DT, "steers like a tanker driven by a wanker" seems to come to mind. :biglaugha:

All the "dreams" were horrible. How Honda could go from the 400/4 to the superdream is beyond me. I think they even tried a 400 automatic at some point. That may just be a nightmare I had many years ago though.

Yip The Hondamatic

My mate owned a 400 Dream which I thought looked ok, but couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. I briefly owned a 4/4 which came immediately after my disastrous xs250, so I thought it was great, except in the wet cos it kept shorting out. Once I junked the metal clad plug caps it ran great wet or dry

• Like 1

Started my biking career 30 years ago this month!

Yamaha DT125MX

Yamaha XT500

Yamaha SRX600

Yamaha TRX850

Yamaha FZS400 Fazer

Yamaha MT-03

Yamaha FZR600R

Yamaha YZF750R.

Yes, you could say I,ve got an affinity for the three tuning forks brand...

The problem I'm finding now is 'modern' bikes lack personality, they are just bolted together and pushed into the crate to be shipped out to anyone who takes a liking to it.

Every bike Ive had has been unusual, the urban tiger, the XJ turbo, even the DT50, bikes you would never usually see sat at the traffic lights, that's why I like them, I'm never likely to see another one on the road.