Oh, what a shop front!!

steve_w
This post is 4964 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It seems that we have gone off on a bit of a tangent here.

Can we not get back onto the original thread?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye Mike, i was enjoying reading what silly little things happen to people,,,,,,,including myself i might add.

Now boys, get back to the topic

A good number of years ago whilst sitting in a cue at traffic lights (2 lanes-filter to the right) in a transit van high-top, me and a mate watched this guy-a very large guy on a honda c90 type bike rev the tits off at the amber signal, his bike bronco'd and proceeded to do 4 full circuits of said large guy while he stood bolt upright-throttle in hand at the stop line, the lights changed to red again, I swear we could see steam coming out his visor :lol:, there were about half a dozen vehicles, cars etc waiting at this junction, next amber comes up-the fat guy doesn't move-neither does anyone else-you could hear the roars of laughter over the idling engines, no-one could drive for laughing :blink::o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry

i came back from the blue cock rally iff you know it,,down the motorway on a jawa,yes it took a while ,stopped at the lights down from the tavurn on the hill,my knee joints had frost bite in them so wouldn't straighten allowing me to collaps onto ratty/s zzr 1100 .it wasn't funny back then.

:P:P

While we're talking about this, a little problem has arisen from yesterdays escapade. It's developed a misfire at low revs, seems fine under acceleration but round town is a bit annoying. Anyone got any idea what it could be?

Check ur plugs and leads, its possible either one of ur leads is breaking down or one of ur plugs has cracked porcelain causing a short.

Last year i was working for a recovery company when one of our guys got called to a CBR on the motorway that had cut out, it was recovered back to our yard and stored for about a week. A local dealer attended and managed to get it going, customer was over the moon then asked, any chance one of ur guys can drop it round my house.............. as i had my bike licence and 'new what i was doing' i was duly elected. Positioned slidebed to ride bike onto back, as the back wheel touched the alloy bed i had failed to notice the oil on the bed. Result, rather expensive bike exit left, urs truly exit right. :wacko::nurse::crying:

Not sure thats quite what he meant when he asked us to 'drop it off '. :blush:

Load bike back onto bed and take to body shop OOOOOOPPS :(

Funny how i never got asked again :P

I also remember many years ago in my youth :rolleyes: , a friend of mine had a Goldwing............... i had always fancied one, i had a brand new X5, he wanted a smaller bike......... so we came to a mutual agreement and swopped. 10 mins up the road on my new steed, feeling like a kid in a sweet shop i stopped at a shop to pick up some smokes for my friend, stuck it on side stand, got the smokes jumped back on the bike, spent 10 mins trying to lift it up level before going back into the shop and asking someone to help lift the bike off side stand :blush::blush::blush: .

Never used side stand again.......... i could not stand the embarrassment more than once

Hi steve , you are local to me , im in Ashton, with an R6 I can hardly touch the floor on , the opportunities for mishaps as yours are many, but on topic - As a 23 yr old who had just passed his test circa 1983, I traded in my new CB125 TDC at my favourite shop (claremount motorcycles) for an X reg CX 500, my pride and joy :rolleyes: I lived in Hadfield then, and was very much into CB. I fitted my rig to the CX, and headed up to the "budgie perch" (The Nab In Glossop) To get me some far copies. I arrived on the top of the hill, it was raining,and then realised both the front and back wheels where on mounds,and my feet went nowhere near the floor. I went straight over into a pool of mud. Imaginge my(ex)wifes mirth after I had wrigeled out from underneath it , and picked it up,back home in 20 minutes, covered in the proverbial :D

Hi steve , you are local to me , im in Ashton, with an R6 I can hardly touch the floor on , the opportunities for mishaps as yours are many, but on topic - As a 23 yr old who had just passed his test circa 1983, I traded in my new CB125 TDC at my favourite shop (claremount motorcycles) for an X reg CX 500, my pride and joy :rolleyes: I lived in Hadfield then, and was very much into CB. I fitted my rig to the CX, and headed up to the "budgie perch" (The Nab In Glossop) To get me some far copies. I arrived on the top of the hill, it was raining,and then realised both the front and back wheels where on mounds,and my feet went nowhere near the floor. I went straight over into a pool of mud. Imaginge my(ex)wifes mirth after I had wrigeled out from underneath it , and picked it up,back home in 20 minutes, covered in the proverbial :D

Got my DT50mx in 87 and my TZR 125 in 88 from Claremonts (blast from the past!) I remember jumping on the TZR after 12 months on the DT and nearly falling straight off (wasn't used to a bike with a fairing and the fact that only the bars turned, not everything including the clocks and headlight) Don't think the salesman saw but didn't stop to find out!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online