yamaha xv 535

trevor07765
This post is 4980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, Can any of you clever chaps out there help. I need to make the 535 rev less at motorway speeds, I have fitted a larger tyre which has helped a bit and made the handling better, what i would like to do is alter the gearing on the rear wheel dif. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance and be safe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All, Can any of you clever chaps out there help. I need to make the 535 rev less at motorway speeds, I have fitted a larger tyre which has helped a bit and made the handling better, what i would like to do is alter the gearing on the rear wheel dif. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance and be safe

If you would like your bike to run at lower RPMs at highway speeds you can either get a larger (more teeth) front sprocket or smaller (fewer teeth) rear sprocket. I Hope that helps.

He'll have a big problem there Pepper, your advice would be sound for a chain driven bike but from memory, :unsure: I believe the Virago is SHAFT driven :rolleyes:

I think you've already done what you can Trevor :unsure: with the bigger tyre :thumb:

Maybe a different set of Dif gears is available but its my guess your stuck with what you've got :-(

Em :icon_cool:

By the way Trevor, an introduction would be polite

I know, I should talk :blush:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online