what next

oldtimer
This post is 4980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well after being asked that many times if i was thinking of selling my bike would i give them first refusal, i have with much regret sold my 125 dragstar (nearly shed a tear)as anybody whos seen it knows it was mint.

so my question is what next, bearing in mind i am in my sixties and also have a fz600 what should i get next, love the style and comfort of cruisers but also like the adrenalin rush of sports bikes.

all suggestions welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

FJR1300 - Feckin' fast if you ride it right, but very comfy and great for long distances.

Also loads of gadgets and thingies that do stuff of use, for all manner of situations.

Just don't get the extra 'wind deflectors'. They turn nice wing mirrors into big elephanty loppy lugs like you see on the front of coaches... and I WILL take the piss out of you if you do!! :lol:

But yeah, nice bike. Very nearly bought one myself!!

FJR1300 -

<snip>

But yeah, nice bike. Very nearly bought one myself!!

Great mind.......... I still have the quote for one in front of me.... 0% and the dealer was offering a fantastic deal. Decided to wait till the spring though.

firstly thank you for all your suggestions the thought of me on a v max or rocket jesus i am bad enough on my fz. have spent the day looking and riding a triumph thunderbird,ducati monster and triumph america and honda shadow 750 but still cant make my mind up and then went to look at a thundercat the guy who owns it is a painter and you can tell when you see the bodywork bad things are its a 96 with 46000kms on it ? no tax on it but 12months MOT £1500 dont think so but it does look nice, so back to the drawing board,

must remember to change my will drewps. :lol:

There's a guy round our way selling very nice condition ex-Police Pans for about £1500.

Three of my colleagues bought theirs off him and rave about what great deals they were. One is a Butterfly, the other two know about 17 times more about biking than I do ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online