Insurance tips

ChristianSRA
This post is 4083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys here what I would say is the best tip for you to get the best insurance you can get:

Play the companies off against each other to get the best deal

Shop around.

Use comparison websites

Call the companies as well the Internet is not you only tool

Try to see if you really need fully comp. (or if fully comp is cheaper)

Make sure you enter all the data correctly

If you have any tips leave a reply and I will add them

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good to hear. Most people seem to find if they can be bothered and get the companies to play off against each other for your custom you get a much better deal.

ANOTHER TIP:

Play the companies off one another

Another way I've craftily been taught is to pretend you're skint as anything, but need insurance to earn money.

That's how I got my Yam's insurance down from £170 per year to £138. Not much of a difference, but still a profit :D

• 5 months later...

I often follow this guys advice.

http://www.moneysavi...ooter-insurance

this is a very very good place to shop for insurance quots,

thanks dave,

i just got a quote from my own insurance company for a passola 50 third party only

i nearly fell out of my fuckin tree, the thieving gipsy bastards wanted £220.

i went through this sight that dave put up and got a new qoute of ? £42

well done dave.

this is a very very good place to shop for insurance quots,

thanks dave,

i just got a quote from my own insurance company for a passola 50 third party only

i nearly fell out of my fuckin tree, the thieving gipsy bastards wanted £220.

i went through this sight that dave put up and got a new qoute of ? £42

well done dave.

wow that's good

drewps see iff ye can lift that money save link off cbd's reply and pin it ,at the top of this page.

i would imagine a lot of us would beniffit from this link.

My God! :o Insurance tips from UP.YOURS ! :o About the only thing he got right with his RD350 insurance cover was the colour of the bike! :(

Have you seen that clown in Tesco that hides from ugly people yet Kev? :rolleyes:

ATB

J2

• 9 months later...

I bought a Yamaha XJR1300 December 2010 & insured it with B*nn*ts - Fully Comp, 0 Yrs No Claims, PLUS Extras = Personal Accident, Legal Cover, Helmet & Leathers, and RAC UK Cover. Total £293.35.

December 2011 with 1 yrs No Claims it went UP to £416.83 ! I tried directly on their website to get a better deal but only saved about £20.

I rang them up and when asked if I was renewing I said "probably not as their renewal quote had increased about 42% from 2010.

They did their "let's see if we can get you a better deal or some discounting blah blah blah..." and low and behold I got the same cover as for 2010 BUT for £327.18.

So by ringing up and playing them off against "other quotes" I got a reduction of £89.65.

This means this years insurance has gone up £33.83 and as I pay monthly by direct debit it costs £27.26 per month. (This includes a credit charge of £40.18 for paying monthly).

I would advise people not to let your insurance policy "auto renew". Shop around, use comparison websites (but check the small print). One company was going to charge me £70 for "new business" i.e. being a new customer!

Ring them up, get a deal on "bundled extras", say you have a better quote elsewhere, can't afford it etc...Do your research and play the game. Ride safe. :spin2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

whats bennets like for insurance ?? not got my bike yet been over 12 yrs since I was last on a bike

• 4 months later...

I am with MCE had a good quote for a new rider from them but the excess was £700. This time round they want £1450 excess even though I have not claim and have a years no claims.

I have a new quote through Ebikes which has a £300 excess and the monthly payments are cheaper.

So shop around don't take the 1st quote your given

I was with Swinton Bikes in 2011, when the renewal came in 2012 it was nearly £40 dearer, I went back onto the Swinton Bikes web site and got a new quote, came out at £15 less than the original 2011 price.

Tip: Check the renewal against a new quote from the same company.