YOC patch

drewpy
This post is 3875 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Now who's gonna do a runner for £3.54? :o

oh, now that we have a double dip recession coming our way, you might have a good point there SirDave,

"Ice from the sea of tranquirity, rats on the moon"

I dont understand the English many of you are using here..rats on the moon??? :blink: is that an idiom?? How come rats on moon there's no atmosphere..day time temperature above boiling point and at night it goes below zero...

Was just kidding but I dont understand much of the stuff people say here...I know there are some terms unique to your area..but for Buddha's sake...dont use them on bikes..hee heee

I wish to 3D model my bike...how's that? B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the initial one i did. the only proviso that the badge makers said was they can't do the graduations or 3d.

yamaha-club-logo.jpg

if anyone has a better design, go ahead and we could have a selection process.

I'm off for 1 week now so we could end entries after then!

Dude..you need to go through the profiles of people joining here..if you want 3d just ask me..what is this all about? B)

Dude..you need to go through the profiles of people joining here..if you want 3d just ask me..what is this all about? B)

we're having a cloth patch made, so 3d won't do as it needs to be flat for the stitching process. thanks for the offer though my friend :)

I dont understand the English many of you are using here..rats on the moon??? :blink: is that an idiom?? How come rats on moon there's no atmosphere..day time temperature above boiling point and at night it goes below zero...

Was just kidding but I dont understand much of the stuff people say here...I know there are some terms unique to your area..but for Buddha's sake...dont use them on bikes..hee heee

I wish to 3D model my bike...how's that? B)

i damn-near pissed myself reading this :lol: - "Rats on the moon" comes from a contemporary TV adverts/commercial, it's actually "that's on the moon", but i think BWJ was poking fun at it, as it is said by a far-eastern guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0cgHDrmW6g

I've paid for the badges now, can we get all the others to pay up please( yes you 12)

I've paid for the badges now, can we get all the others to pay up please( yes you 12)

Why not give them say 7 days, then offer their 12 badges out to anyone else who may want one?

Why not give them say 7 days, then offer their 12 badges out to anyone else who may want one?

not all 50 badges are taken yet so i need as many on board as possible :)

Put the price up by 4p, that'll mess with their heads :D

come on you 'orrible lot or you shall for ever be known as the 'YOC patch twelve' :lol:

Put the price up by 4p, that'll mess with their heads :D

come on you 'orrible lot or you shall for ever be known as the 'YOC patch twelve' :lol:

I'm shocked Drewps has yet to pay :unsure:.

if that drewps don't pay soon, I'll kick his butt (just watching scott pilgrim ATM)

Thanks for the E-mail Drewps. Sorry I have been away for a while. I do remember a couple of months back saying I would take a patch so I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is! How much is it going to cost for one sent to Canada?

Yeh there are some words here that I don't understand either.

Peeps ?

4p ? I assume thats 4 cents. (never was sure what a bob, quid or a shilling was)

Oh and thanks for clearing up the "rats on the moon" thing.

Peeps ?

4p ? I assume thats 4 cents. (never was sure what a bob, quid or a shilling was)

It is a abbreviation of people

4p is 4 pence adding 96p would make a "quid" slang for Pound

I do not know about bobs or shillings. But Im sure some on here do :P

All be history soon as will your 4cents

You guys will be getting the amero or what every "they" rename it

and the uk will have the euro :(

One world currency no diffrence in value broken into three zones

so expect the world to crash as those who we buy the chains that bind us level out a few problems along the way.

Sorry! I figured it out shortly after I wrote it. Doh!! 4p+96p=1 Pound.

Normally I would make a joke about $1.00 Can = 75 Cents American but lately our Dollar has been close to par. But the freight charges are silly. :(

(never was sure what a bob, quid or a shilling was)

Prior to 1971, Britan's monetary system was Pounds, Shillings and Pence, Oddly abbreviated to L,S,D.

One Pound was made up of 240 Pence, or 20 Shillings, or variations of each.

A 'Bob' is a slang term for a shilling. There were also Tanners, Sixpences Half crowns etc,

2 & 1/2 pence = a tanner

5 pence = a "bob".

2 bob = a florin

Half a Crown = 2 bob and a tanner

10 bob = 50p

A quid = £1

Guinea = £1 and a bob.

Once we sucumbed to the evils of Europe and adopted the decimal currency system in 1971, a Pound, or Quid (Slang) was made up of 100 New Pence, we have One, Two, Five, 10 and 50 Pence Peices. As 20 Shillings were needed to make up a Pound, and you also need 20 of the new Five pence pieces to make a Pound, the New Five Pence peice is often refered to by the older generation as a Shilling or a 'Bob'. Hope that helps.

Bored yet?...........Thought so!

Thanks for the E-mail Drewps. Sorry I have been away for a while. I do remember a couple of months back saying I would take a patch so I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is! How much is it going to cost for one sent to Canada?

Peeps ?

just pay the equivalent of $8 US to Canadian $

8 left to pay, I sent the photoshop artwork off for their peeps to sort into some patch friendly design.

I will post it in this thread for your approval, then it's 2 weeks for delivery.

lets hope i can get them out before the xmas rush :unsure:

Leather Rat

Board? Not a chance! I laughed out loud. I had no idea it was so complicated, I just figured it was slang for monetary units equivilant to what we use. It's not even close. I mean we have loonies and toonies but there nowheres neer as cool as 2 Bob and a Tanner! :lol:

Drewpy

I just sent my money so you can take me off the list of shame. :D